Chapter 14 - Spralmer (Albert x Race x Spot x Elmer)

- Chapter 14 - Troubles  -
Warning: Mentions of Abuse
Modern Era
Third Person POV

Requested by: cunningalien765 thanks for requesting. My DMs, or PMs, are always open and I'll take requests.

Albert walks down the school hall, alone. It was unusual for him to be alone in school, but he was perfectly fine with it right now.

After all, he wasn't sure he could keep a happy face on with his friends.

All these strangers in the hall, they don't care. They don't know you, they just care about themselves and their friends, if they even did care about their friends.

They wouldn't even give him a second glance, so a fake smile would work for them.

As for the Newsies, especially Albert's boyfriends, would know right away that something was wrong, even if he hadn't spoken to them yet.

He knew he probably should tell them what was bothering him, maybe they would even help, but he felt like a burden.

Even though he told all of the Newsies, especially his boyfriends, 'talk to us, don't keep it to yourself', he had difficulty taking his own advice.

Growing up in an abusive home, he was always told he was a burden. He knew how Race felt; they had both grown up in an abusive home.

Albert was snapped out of his thoughts by said boy, looking at him really worried. "Albert DaSilva!"

"Hey Race" Albert mumbles, looking as to try to not make eye contact with the younger boy.

"Hey Albie, are you okay? You look tired, and sad, and..." Race trails off, studying Albert's face for signs of his emotions. He was not happy, that much Race could tell, and that was a problem.

"I'm okay, I promise" Albert promises, still not making eye contact with Race.

Race looks at him, and lifts his chin to look at Race, which wasn't much, considering Race was shorter than Albert.

Race looks into Albert's brown eyes, trying to find some kind of emotion, since usually Albert's eyes displayed his emotions, but there was nothing. It was like there was a block so Race couldn't know.

Race steps back, still concerned but he wasn't gonna let Albert know what he was planning. He knows how Albert thinks.

"Okay..." Race stops for a second. "You're still coming to El's, right?"

Crap. Albert thinks to himself. I forgot. I physically can't right now. I can't see them more than usual right now, they'll find out.

"Uh, I don't know Race" Albert starts, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Please Al! It'll be fun, plus Spot and I will be there too" Race pleads, folding his hands, and using puppy eyes. Darn puppy eyes-

"Fine, I'll think about it" Albert answers. Race grins, hugging Albert.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Race exclaims, before giving Albert a kiss on his cheek, and running off.