Chapter 9 - Spralmer (Spot x Race x Albert x Elmer)

- Chapter 9 - Sick Day -
Warning: Mentions of Abuse
Modern AU
Third Person POV

Elmer had been taking care of sick Race for a few days, as Albert and Spot had to go to work. The next day, Albert woke up to Elmer feeling sick as well.

"Albert, I'm fine" Elmer assures him, trying to get up and get to Race. Albert pushes him back onto the bed.

Albert's job, from Spot, is that he's supposed to keep Elmer in bed, so that he doesn't hurt himself, or get more sick trying to help Race.

Spot's job is to keep Race from trying to get to Elmer, as he felt bad when he figured out that Elmer got sick, and wanted to see him.

The problem was, Elmer was getting worried since Race kept seeing hallucinations of his father, who had been abusive.

"You're not okay. You're gonna stay here" Albert replies, a sorta of stern and comfort mix in his voice.

"No Albie, you don't understand" Elmer starts, continuing to try to get to Race, and Albert cuts him off.

"I do understand" Albert tells him, pushing Elmer back onto the bed.

"No-" Elmer starts again, and Spot comes bursting into the room.

"Race is crying saying he's seeing his father!" Spot exclaims, looking really worried. Elmer looks at Albert like he's stupid.

"Is there something you aren't telling us?" Albert asks.

"I've been trying to tell you. He's hallucinating" Elmer explains, getting up. This time, Albert doesn't stop him.

Elmer almost falls when he tries to walk, because of how dizzy he feels, and Albert helps him walk to the living room where Race is. Race is curled into a ball, crying and begging for his father not to hurt him.

Elmer goes over to Race, and wraps his arms around him, gently rocking him.
"Hey Racer. It's okay. I promise. He'll never get you again."

After a few minutes Race finally responds, snapping out of his trance.
"T-Thanks El."

"I'm calling out of work" Spot decides, starting to walk out of the room.

"Call me out too!" Albert exclaims, and Spot nods.

"No!" Elmer and Race intervene, and Albert and Spot stop, looking at them.

"Why not?" Albert asks, confused.

"You don't have to call out of work to take care of us" Race starts, and Elmer nods. Spot and Albert look at each other, before looking back at the two boys on the couch, smiling slightly.

"We can take care of ourselves" Elmer finishes. Spot and Albert roll their eyes at his statement, knowing it's not true. They take can take of each other when only one is sick, but not when both of them are sick.

"I'm gonna call us out" Spot responds, not changing his decision, as he exits the room.

"Spot!" Race and Elmer groan. Albert laughs at them. Elmer gets up, trying to follow Spot, when he falls.