Pt. 37 - An Emergency

[three weeks later]

Though I'm still walking on my crutches, I'm healing, and a little more mobile.

"(Y/n), hey," Lee whispered. It was early, too early. Maybe three a.m. and I was not really to be up. "Are you awake?" Unfortunately I was, and I wasn't sure why. It felt like something was off, and it was keeping me up.

"Yeah, what's up?" I groaned, and turned to him, snuggling into his chest.

"Is something bothering you?" He wrapped me up in his arms and kissed my forehead.

"I think so but I don't know what," I explained. He began stroking my hair and massaging my scalp to help me to sleep. "but why are you awake?"

"You seem tense, and, I guess I felt that from you. Are you worried about something?"

"I don't know. I've been thinking about my dad a lot, and I... it's making me nervous. He's not going to be around much longer, and I'm really scared." Lee held me tighter and rested his head on mine.

"I wish I knew how to comfort you, my Lotus. I know it is scary, but I will always be here for you."

"That's good enough. I wouldn't know how to comfort me, either, but thank you for being here."

"I always will be. I love you."

"And I love you. You're my world."

"I am so lucky to have you, my lotus." I smiled nervously, still thinking back to my dad. Lee and I just laid there for a while. He continued to run his fingers down my hair and back, letting me know how much he cares and that he's not going to let me be alone.

But the problem came when Lee got up to use the restroom. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It was at most 4 in the morning. My phone started ringing, so, in my early morning haze, I picked up.

It was mom, and she was sobbing.

"m-mom?"

"(y/n)- y-you should- come soon- he's- he's been coughing up blood- a-and that is supposed to mark ab-about- a day and a half-"

"Mom, mom, slow down, what's going on?" I was a little confused, I could hear her just fine, but her crying made it difficult to understand.

"He's not going t-to make it to Friday," she choked out.

It's Wednesday.

Lee came back in the room.

"I- I'll be there as soon as I- I can- umm... don't- don't worry, mom, I'm... I'm coming," my head started spinning, and Lee sat back behind me.

"(y/n)?" he asked softly, immediately I pulled myself into his arms. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I- I was right to worry about him. I need to go home. To my parents. He's..."

"He is not... gone yet, right?"

I shook my head into his chest and let my tears drip onto his pajamas. "but he won't... friday."

"Oh. I see. Okay so... start looking for flights, and I can take Metal to my dad's. We will go together, and.. yeah."

"Yeah?"

"yeah. I will call Kakashi, he is normally awake by now. Just find the soonest one possible, and we will take that. If you pay for my ticket, I can venmo you the money back or-"

"No, no, I got it covered. I've been saving money for this flight since I decided I was moving here, so don't worry about it."

"Are- are you sure? I know last minute flights are expensive, and-"