pt. 19 - Nightmares

TW: Nightmare with suggestive sexual harassment.

My father and siblings all sat down, leaving two empty seats. I sat and waited for Lee, we would be sharing a seat.

"I don't like him." Kenma said, pulling his phone out. Suki looked at him, and hit the back of his head.

"This isn't about you, Ken," she grunted.

"No. I don't like him ether," my father added.

"Can you guys please maybe tell me why? I'm curious. I like Lee. I love Lee, even. What's so wrong with him?"

"Maybe it's that he already has a kid. He'll always put that kid before you-" I cut Kenma off.

"As he should. I don't need him to put me before Metal. That's his child, and I'm a grown woman, I can handle myself without a man's attention."

"I just don't like that you're dating anyone at all. How do you know Lee isn't a total creep? Huh? Where did you guys even meet?" My dad sat back and listened while Kenma and I argued.

"...The gym..." I replied hesitantly. "B- but it's not like he was checking me out or bothering me! He was super nice, and not pushy at all! We didn't even exchange numbers until our first date. Lee is not a creep! Not in any way.  And what is so wrong with me dating?"

Kenma huffed and put his phone down. "Sasuke." I looked away for a moment. I didn't care anymore. I told Lee what he needed to know, and I'm fine. Fine as I can be.

And that's when my father joined the conversation. "That is why I don't want you dating anyone either. I don't want that to happen to you again. I don't know this guy, and I'm concerned he's going to hurt you."

"You knew Sasuke. You said he was like a son, and that you wanted me to be with him. And what happened, dad? Do you want to say it?"

"He used to be such a good kid! Why can't you see that I was trying to do what was best for you!"

"I-" my mind went blank for a moment, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes. I don't want to fight dad. He doesn't have the time for that.

I stared at the ground for a moment, before standing up, almost crying. I made my way to the kitchen, where Lee and my mom were putting away the leftovers. They were talking about... Us. My parent's kids. My mom was rambling about me and my childhood. She stopped when she saw me, standing, obviously bothered. Lee put the bowl he was holding down, and placed his hands on my shoulders. I heard my mom leave the room, letting us be alone.

"What is wrong, Lotus?" He asked, drawing my attention to his eyes. I didn't say anything, but I did wrap my arms around his torso. "Hey, it is okay, really," he brought me closer so I could lean my head on his chest. He slowly rubbed my back, calming me down. I took a deep breath, and Lee kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you," I mumbled, looking up at him with a small side. He leaned closer, and kissed my nose. "You're the best."

"I think that it is actually you, lotus," we started swaying side to side. I chuckled, deciding that I didn't care too much about the opinions of my brother and dad. Lee is far from a creep, and he gives me plenty of attention. "Are you okay now?" Dad is wrong.

"Yes. And that's because of you. Now let's go watch a movie," I pulled away from the hug, and held his hand to meet everyone in the family room again. We stayed by the doorway where we couldn't be seen to listen. It was my idea.

"Well, I like him. He's sweet, and from everything (y/n) has told me, he's been nothing but kind to her. (F/n), I know you're just protective because of Sasuke, I understand that, but Lee is not anything like him. They love each other, and as your wife, and mother, Kenma, I'm asking you to give him the weekend to prove himself."