pt. 8 - Technically

[the next day]

I ended up staying over another night, Lee had invited me over to stay for lunch, but then asked if I would stay longer. And it was a yes for me. I like being here, it's comfortable and safe.

We dropped Metal off at school, all the way up at the office because he didn't want to go. It was an almost... Strange feeling, holding his hand in public, dropping Metal off together.

In the office, I recognized Metal's teacher. The one with brown hair thrown into buns, who took Metal's hand. She glared at me, seemingly upset, then over to Lee, and down at our hands.

"Tenten, I would like you to meet (y/n)," Lee started. "(Y/n) is my girlfriend-"

"She is going to be my mama!" Metal added. Everyone looked at him in surprise, then at me. In public, you would almost never see him so bold.

"Is she now?" Tenten asked Metal with a twitch and fake smile.

"N-not yet... Technically," Lee corrected, squeezing my hand tighter.

"Oh?" Tenten scoffed. "Well, we'd better get to class now. Thanks for dropping in, (y/n)... Lee."

Lee nervously scratched the back of his neck and pulled me away from the building.

"Tenten and I dated for about six months. I broke up with her. Metal likes her as a teacher, but not as a... Mother figure. I do not want to be with anyone who Metal does not like as a mom," he explained as we walked to his car.

"That makes sense. Putting your child's needs first is important. I don't know why I'm different from anyone else, but I sure am happy," Lee opened the car door for me, then got in on his side. "So... What are we doing today?"

"I am not sure. I say we go to the gym, it is Monday," he looked at the steering wheel, focusing on his right hand. Something was off about him, but I can't seem to figure out what.

"Lee, are you okay?" I asked, grabbing one of his hands, and lacing our fingers. He nodded, but I don't believe him. "Hey, hun. What's going on?"

"I- I do not know. I feel weird. Like how I felt before I met you. Sort of... How do I put it? Empty, maybe?" He admitted. My heart sunk just a little bit. "I am sorry. I do not mean to make you feel-"

"-Lee. We all feel like that sometimes. It happens to everyone. It isn't your fault, you know that, right?"

He turned his face to me with a small smile. "If that is what you say, then I believe you," he ran his thumb over mine.

"Is there anything I can do help you feel better?" He shook his head no, but had me move a little closer to him so he could kiss me.

"That will work," he laughed, then started the car.

"Anyway, I don't think I'll be going to work today. Can I borrow your phone to call in?"

"Here," he handed me his phone.

"Can you sign in for me?"

"My password is youth," we started on our way to the gym.

"You trust me with your password?"

"...I do not have anything to hide from you. Why would I not trust you?"

"Sorry. Sasuke didn't want me on his phone ever, but then again, he was cheating on me. So... I guess it's just strange that you're so okay with it."

"I am not your ex. I will not cheat or lie. You can use my phone whenever," I sighed, and dialed my work number.

We started rolling along as I explained my situation to my boss. I didn't have to grab Lee's hand to place it on my thigh again. He did it himself, making me shiver and place my hand over his. He held my fingertips as I spoke, explaining the situation.