pt. 10 - Ramenopolis

"Actually! I wanted to talk to you about that. I guess we're in sync," I grinned. "My parents want to meet you soon. They were thinking that, since... Well... They live sorta far out, we, as in all three of us, could come visit for a few days sometime soon," Lee just smiled.

"So... We will have to plan that," he looked down at his burger. "I am very excited," he couldn't stop smiling. It made me happy, knowing how ready he seems. How confident he feels about the whole thing.

We all are eating silently, a weird bliss surrounding us. Lee held my hand over the table, our fingers laced.

After a good 45 minutes of eating and small talk, we all finished. Metal seemed happier now than he did at the park. Lee was walking me to the car. He had one hand in mine, the other one holding Metal's hand.

"I will see you later," he wrapped the arm around me he was holding my hand with around my waist, and rested his chin on my shoulder. Metal hugged around my leg. Lee then pressed a soft kiss to my lips, connecting a few times. I smiled gently, and kissed him back. "Call me when you get home so I know you are safe?"

"Of course," I got into my car and rolled the window down. "I love you."

"I love you too, (y/n)."

"I'll see you later, Lee," I rolled the window back up, and drove away.

I went straight back home and changed into a set of pajamas, before calling Lee to let him know I was home safe.

We talked for a while about planning a trip to my parents place. He then changed the subject to his son's field trip.

"Right, so it is supposed to be a parent-child field trip. Most of the kids... the paper said they could bring both parents. I- I wanted to ask if you- you would- gah- why is this so hard?" He grumbled. I let him think for a moment before speaking again. "Will you... Go with us as... Metal's mom?" He asked nervously. "Metal asked, he said something about being made fun of because it is just me, and he that he does not have a mom. But that is just it. He calls you his mama when talking to me about you," Lee sighed. "He talks about you a lot."

"He asked if he could call me that after telling me about being bullied," I said with a smile. "I would love to come. Thank you for inviting me."

"Absolutely."

The phone went silent for a moment, trying to decide what to say.

"I... Have work tomorrow. And I need to be up to go to the gym," I explained.

"Of course. Goodnight, love."

"I love you, Lee. Goodnight."

"I love you too," he hung up, leaving a smile plastered to my face. The thought that Metal really likes me that much makes me think I'll be with Lee forever. There's nothing better than that.

[The next day]

"Morning Hinata," I greeted. Hinata is my desk buddy who sits across from me. The only thing making my job somewhat worth while.

"Good morning, (y/n). I missed you yesterday," she nodded, looking up at me from her desk. "Where were you?"

"To keep a long story short, my phone broke, and my boyfriend needed me to pick up his son," I sighed, and turned my computer on.

"Since when do you have a boyfriend?"

"Oh! Umm... Like a few weeks ago? Maybe a month? I thought I told you about him..."

"You said you were talking to someone, not that you were dating. Do you have a picture of him?"

"I-" that was when I realized that I didn't have a photo of the person I cared most about. "- I don't. I'll take one later though so I can show you. He's super cute," I chuckled. "And... How's everything with Naruto?"

"W-well- his business took off without a hitch. He's CEO of Ramenopolis now. I think the name is silly, but he likes it. Stores all over town are buying his product. So yeah, I think he's doing well..."

"I mean you and him. I know you like him, Hina," I teased.

"I- I do like him! But I don't k-know if he likes me."

Hinata was too distracted to notice, but Naruto was actually coming out of the annex at the moment, just a few feet away. He looked like he was looking for something.

"Oh sure he does, you should tell him how you feel!" I grabbed her hands, "like.. now!" And pulled her from her seat, to push her into Naruto.

"N-n-naruto!" Hinata stuttered, falling into his arms. Naruto smiled and blushed slightly.

"Wow Hinata, looks like you've fallen for me," he snickered, helping her back to her feet. I sat back and watched from there on. Hinata's face was as red as could be.

"I-I'm sorry for running into you like that..."

"Hey, it's no problem at all! I came out here looking for you."

"Huh?"

"W-well, I was planning on going out for my lunch break, and was wondering if you maybe wanted to come with?" I had never seen Naruto nervous in my life. He rubbed the back of his neck while Hinata stood there, starstruck. "Ahh, who am I kidding? You probably don't want to come-"

"I would love to go!" Hinata shook off her surprise with a small smile, looking into Naruto's eyes.

"Awesome! I'll.. see you at lunch, then," Naruto turned and waved before heading back to his desk in the annex. Hinata slowly sat at her desk, covering her face with her hands.

"Naruto asked me out. I can't believe it!" She glanced at me, a smile on her lips.

I looked at her intensely and lowers my voice to say... "Believe it," to which she responded with a laugh. The work day went on, Hinata left for her lunch break. Naruto seemed unusually nervous, though I knew they would be fine.

Eventually they got back, I watched as she walked through the front door. Her hair was slightly ruffled, her face a permanent shade of red. Naruto was holding her hand as they entered, he walked Hinata back to her desk, and when he let go of her hand, he placed it on her lower back and looked into her eyes for a moment, then shook his head, and kissed her right there, in the middle of the office. Hinata squeaked when he walked away, and fell back into her chair.

"So how was your date?" I asked.

"I-it was... good," she mumbled.

"What happened?"

"...we... Did... It."

"Hinata!" I whisper yelled in complete astonishment. I never pinned Hinata to be the kind on a first date. "Really?!" Hinata nodded.

"A-and he wants to take me out for dinner tonight."

"Are you going?"

"Y-yeah," she looked away from me and to her computer. "I should work now."

Hinata couldn't get anymore work, she was far to distracted to get anything done. Every once in a while I would look up from my computer, half the time she was asleep, the other half she was in a daze and shaking just a little.

"Hinata," I whispered softly, she was asleep for the fifth time, and she was supposed to be up to leave in ten minutes.

"Hngg," she groaned, her eyes were completely glazed over, and half hooded.

"Hey, Hina," I shook her again. "Sweetie, I am going to tell Naruto you can't come, okay?"

"Ya," she had drool dripping from her mouth. Whatever this is, isn't normal. I went back to the annex to talk to Naruto and find out what had happened.

(A/n)

I am going to post twice today! These chapters in particular should go together.