pt. 27 - Out of Body Experience

[May I present to you, my mom's attempt naming Naruto characters]

"You would think at some point, you would stop coming around," I growled. Both of us were on our feet in a matter of seconds. 

"Now why would you think that?" He replied with absolutely no fear.

"Because at one point or another, we've both almost had the urge to kill you," (f/n) stepped slightly in front of me, as if I needed to be protected.

"And? Now we're in a hospital, a public place, you have nothing on me. If you so much as you touch me, I'll make sure that you won't get to see you're prescious (y/n). What a shame that would be," he whined, sitting on our table with a grin.

I did not know if I could resist the urge to-

"Lee," (f/n) called. "I'll take care of Sasuke. You make sure (y/n) is safe, okay?"

"W-what exactly are you going to do?"

"Doesn't matter. Take your dinner up to her room, and just make sure she's okay. If I can't come back here after this-"

"I do not want you to not be able to see her-"

"However, it is obvious to me as her father, that you guys need each other more than I need her. So please, go."

I stammered for a moment, trying to decide the best thing to do. He just told me to go again, so I started to walk away.

"You're name is Lee, right?" I froze. "Don't bother going to her. I've already decided, that if I can't have her, no one can," he chuckled. I did not know what I should do. "She's not dead... Yet. Once I'm done here I'll finish the job. Okay? That doesn't sound too bad, now does it?"

"You stay away from her!" (F/n) exclaimed, grabbing Sasuke by the collar.

"And what are you going to do about it, old man? You couldn't get to her fast enough last time!"

"Yes I did! And what you did in the first place was terrible! Would you just leave her alone!" Every eye in the room turned to us. "Lee, please," he urged.

I bit my lip, finally just... Leaving, hoping that security guards would be able to handle him.

Luckily, (y/n) was the exact same  as she was when she left, not a hair out of place. "thank goodness," I murmured, sitting next to her to eat my dinner. I was still on edge, hoping that security showed up.

"You couldn't get to her fast enough last time!" Ran through my head too many times. Was there something she didn't tell me about? Did something else happen to her?

If she something else did happen, she'll tell me when she needs to. Or if she needs too.

Twenty minutes later, (f/n) came back, with two security guards by him.

"See, she's fine," one of them grunted. "Now pipe down, dude."

"Mr. (L/n)?" I questioned.

"Sasuke and I both have to go. I begged to come check on her one more time, but she looks pretty okay, so I guess that means I have to leave. I'll see you later, Lee. Take care of my daughter for me," he groaned and gave a short salute before leaving.

I chuckled to myself slightly, and looked over (y/n). She seems so peaceful. If I could not see the casts, I would think she was just sleeping, having a good dream.

[(Y/n) POV]

I'm not awake. I'm not asleep ether. A quiet somewhere in between, perhaps I am about to start dreaming.

Not exactly. It's like my spirit shifted out of my body, and I could see everything.

I was just laying there hopelessly, asleep in a hospital bed. One arm in a cast, and the other wrapped in bandages. My leg from the knee down was in another cast.

I glanced out the window to my left, where the only light coming through the streetlight and stars. The clock read half passed midnight.

Lee was laying his head on the one limb that wasn't injured, cheek pressed to my thigh, stroking my bandaged arm, fiddling with my fingers mindlessly. He looked like he was talking to me, but I couldn't hear. I watched as a tear dripped from his face down my leg, and just observed the way his lips were moving. Though I couldn't hear his voice, I knew what he was saying.

"I love you,

Wake up soon,

I miss you,

Come back please."

I wasn't sure what to do. I hate seeing him like this. I don't care about my injuries, I just want to wake up and be in his arms.

I did my best to make my body move, even just slightly. I managed to make my fingers twitch, but that's all I could do. He seemed to smile slightly at the movement, and hold my hand in his.

"Good," he mouthed, and closed his eyes.

I seemed to return to my own body, but now I was aware of what was going on. He had fallen asleep on my thigh, but continued to grasp my hand.

It was morning now. There was light in my room, and I could hear footsteps of the nurses came in. All that was left was to actually wake up and open my eyes.

The nurse woke Lee up, and he got off of me. I still couldn't move on my own, and my eyes still wouldn't open.

She began unwrapping my arm, and clean the wounds from where the glass had cut my skin up. About five minutes in, she paused.

"You're awake," she said softly. I managed nothing more than a deep breath. "I see. You're trying to wake up. Right? One deep breath for yes, and for no, breath normally."

I took a deep breath again, wishing I could just wake up.

"Conscious enough I suppose. I'll be honest with you, (y/n). Waking up now would be boring. You can't really get out of bed, and you can't do anything. The only thing you could do is talk to your boyfriend," I tried my best to make a sound, producing only a small squeak as she cleaned one of the cuts. "Sorry about that. It's bound to sting. In all honesty, you're lucky to be alive. Any longer in that car, and you probably would have been crushed. You have a few broken ribs, and two snapped limbs. You'll be fine in a few months, and by the end of next week, you'll probably be released to go home."

My eyes twitched, and so did my shoulders.

"Hm?" She teased

"Hnnng," I groaned.

"There you go. Just a little more," she started on a different cut, I hissed in pain.

And finally, my eyes opened.

"Wh-where- is l-lee?"