pt. 2 - Metal

[you can find the doodle imuser304 on Instagram ;)]

"I could tell," I laughed, and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Let's get out of here," my hand shifted down to his as I pulled him along. He eventually walked in front of me, my hand still in his as he guided me to his car.

He opened the door for me, then got in the driver's seat. He fumbled around his pockets for a moment, looking for his keys, and as soon as he found them, we left.

"Tell me about your kid?" I asked, breaking the silence that surrounded us.

"He is... Something. I would say we look pretty similar, but he has more of his mom's facial features. Today was his first day in kindergarten, the guy was terrified. He has been that way since as long as I can remember. His mother-" he stopped there, like the idea of his mom made him frustrated. "I do not need to tell you about that yet," he chuckled.

"Not if you don't want to," I nodded, looking over at him. The car came to a far to sudden stop, almost launching me forward, if it wasn't for Lee's arm protectively in front of me, holding me against my seat.

"Are you okay?" He asked, slightly breathless.

"Yeah, you?"

"I am alright," he huffed. "Sorry about... Uhh," he removed his arm, and looked away from me to hide his face.

"Pftt it's fine, thanks though. I probably woulda hit the dashboard if you hadn't stopped me," I giggled. "What was that anyway?"

"I am not sure, the person in front of me slammed on their brakes, but I do not see why," he sat up in his seat to try and see over the car. He shrugged, leaning back, keeping his hands on the steering wheel, seeing the car not move.

After about ten minutes of watching and small talk, the car started to move, and we were on our way. We made our way to coffee shop he mentioned, and went inside. "I don't usually drink coffee, I've got no clue what I'm doing. Mind ordering for me?" I asked, grabbing his arm.

"Yeah, sure," we got in line, and waited. Eventually, he ordered, paid, and we found a seat to talk and wait. "So, what do you do for work? I feel like maybe I should have asked sooner."

"Ahh it's just some boring office job. I plan on finding some place else," I laughed. Our order was called, and we continued our conversation. "It's really not that interesting. What about you?"

"I've been working as a security guard for the highschool on 54th. I do not go in until noon today, so I am glad I cought you early," he sipped his coffee.

"I guess it's a good thing I was off today too. Thanks for breakfast," I nodded.

"Yeah, no problem. It is really nice to go out sometimes," he smiled, and stared into my eyes for a moment before blinking and looking away.

"You know what? I still don't have your number. If you ask me, that's silly. Here," I handed him my phone, and he punched in his number, then texted himself. His phone dinged, and he checked it.

"Yep, that is me," he laughed, then immediately got a phone call. "This is Rock Lee speaking," he said into the speaker. "Mmhmm," he paused, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I will be there soon, yeah, thank you," he hung up and sighed. "It is my son, he is having a meltdown, I need to go get him,"

"Oh."

"I am so sorry," he apologized, fiddling with his cup. "I can take you back to your car or... You could come with me if you would like."

"You sure it wouldn't be weird if I came?"

"Of course not," he smiled, stood, and offered me his hand. I took it, and we left. I was slightly nervous about meeting Metal, as if somehow it could make or break whatever Lee and I might become. We made it to the school, I nervously stood next to Lee as he had me come in with him.

Metal appeared from around a corner, gripping who I assume to be his teacher's hand. He's got Lee's eyebrows and hair. "Papa!" As soon as he saw Lee, he ran to him to jump in his arms.

"Hey buddy!" Lee hugged him tight, and kept him safely in his arms. "It is all right now, we can go," Metal seemed to shy away from me, and whisper into Lee's ear. "Her? You ask, I pinky promise she is nice," Metal nodded and turned to me.

"Who are you?" He asked quietly, hugging around Lee's neck.

"I'm (y/n). You're Metal, right?" He only nodded. "I'm a friend of your Papa," I smiled gently, looking back up at Lee. Metal looked around for a moment, before gaining a thick blush.

"...You're r-really pretty," his voice seemed to disappear, he buried his face in Lee's neck. Lee looked completely shocked, and so did the teacher, and the desk lady. We all snickered for a moment, before Lee said,

"He is not lying. You are really pretty," he laughed slightly, patting Metal's back. "We should go, I can take you back to your car now," he scratched the back of his neck and we left. I got back in his car as he put Metal in the back seat.

"Metal," I said calmly, turning to look at him. "Thank you for the compliment, it was very sweet," he showed a small smile, and Lee got into the car.

A few minutes later, we were back at the gym. He parked next to my car. "So... I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked, unlocking the doors.

"I've got work tomorrow," I frowned. "I have to come in earlier. Do you come on the weekends?"

"I come everyday," he chuckled. "Everyday but Sunday."

I nodded. "Then I'll see you on Saturday," I started out the door. "Bye Metal!" I exclaimed, waving back at him. He shyly waved back, and I left.

[Time skip]

"Hey mom," I picked up my phone at the sound of buzzing.

"Hey honey! I wanted to call and check on you," I could hear the sigh in her voice. "How's everything going there?"

"It's great. I started going to the gym every day, and I even... I think I met someone," I smiled, sitting on my bed.

"You think?"

"Yeah. We went on a date today after working out together... I mean, we only just met yesterday, but I think- I... I don't know. I already really like him. I even already met his son."

"How cute. He better treat you right, though," she warned. I hated when she did that.

"Anyway, how's dad doing?"

"He's fine. Maybe you should give him a call sometime soon."

"Maybe. I'm still kinda pissed from last time we spoke."

"I know he said some things, I'm sorry about that. You know his temper," she chuckled. "Well, now I know you're alright. Thanks for talking to me, things have gotten a little... Lonely around here. You sound tired, you should sleep."

"Mom I... I love you. I'll talk to you later,"

"I love you too, sweetie. Goodnight,"

"Yeah, goodnight," she hung up the phone. I smiled to myself, thinking about Lee and Metal.