pt. 26 - Bed Bound

[Y'ALL IM SOBBING!! MY FRIEND BOUGHT ME THE ROCK LEE FUNKO POP BDJDISISUDOSJ

that's it I'm just really happy rn :)))))]

[time skip, maybe four hours]

[Lee's POV]

"They have her stabilized, she is in bed now," I said with my phone pressed to my ear.

"What about her injuries?"

"She has two broken ribs, her right arm is broken, along with a fracture in her right leg. She is in a coma, and is expected to wake up sometime in the next few days."

"I'm just glad she's going to be okay. What are you planning on doing?"

"I think I should stay in the hospital with her... I was wondering, how is Suki?"

"We took her to the hospital closest to our house, about twenty minutes away. She's fine, she just has a bruised rib cage and a sprained ankle and wrist. Nothing to worry about. But she feels really bad about the whole thing. She's been crying for hours now, worried sick."

"Well, tell her that (y/n) is going to be okay."

"I will. Is Metal going to be alright without you?"

"I hope so. Can I talk to him?"

"Yeah, just a second."

"What all have you told him?"

"Nothing yet. I didn't know what to tell him, so I said not to worry about it, and he's been playing with Hachiro since. Anyway, here."

"Papa!"

"Hey buddy! How are you doing?"

"I am okay right now. What is going on? Where are you and mama?"

"Bud, were at the hospital. Mama got into a bit of a crash, but she will be okay soon."

"Oh no! But-!"

"Metal, it is really okay. I wanted to ask you how you felt missing school for a while? I think we are staying for a few more days."

"That is awesome! I do not want to go to school!"

"Okay buddy. I am glad you are okay. I might be gone a few days, so I hope you will be okay there."

"I have Hachiro! I will be okay!"

"Alright. I am going to go now, okay? I love you."

"I love you too, papa. Bye!!"

"Bye bud!"

I hung up the phone, and put it in my back pocket. I went back into (y/n)'s room, where she laid, completely asleep. She almost looks peaceful, all wrapped up in bandages. Her arms would be covered in scars for a long, long time.

I took a seat next to her, and held one of her hands in both of mine, placing my head on top of our hands, face down to kiss the back of her palm.

Tears dripped from my eyes. "I love you, my Lotus," I whispered, "please do not scare me like that again. I was so afraid. I am sure it was scary for you, but if you- if I had lost you, my whole life would have withered away. I love you. I love you so much, thank you for living. I will be much happier when you wake, though. So do not be too long, alright?" I hoped she could hear me in her sleep. Her hand shifted slightly, and she took a long breath. "I will be here the whole time with you. Do not even worry about waking up alone. Or, when you do wake up, do not worry about your injuries. I will take care of you until you are all better, and I will kiss all of the scars you have, and tell you you are beautiful all the time, because that is what you are.

Beautiful."

Everything in the room was quiet. That was, until I felt someone else enter the room.

"That was... A nice monologue, Lee." It was (f/n). "You must be one hell of a guy then, huh?" He paused, and came in more. "You're going to stay here, no matter what I tell you, right?"

"Y- yes sir. I do not think I could leave here with a clean conscience," I said, wiping the tears from my face.

He stepped in by (y/n), and smiled. "I'm lucky, you know." He placed his hand on her forehead.

"How is that?"

"You're different. You're like me. Devoted, kind, strong. At least, I consider myself to be those things. It's easy to see you are. I'm lucky because I feel that, when I'm gone, and (y/n) has you, there won't be anything troubling her. Or (m/n). She likes you too. I'm sorry for being so hard on you when we met. I see now that it was wrong of me," he huffed.

"No need to be sorry. If she was my kid, I would probably do just about the same. So, no worries," I laughed. "Really. I should be the one thanking you for giving me the time of day."

"I know you said you wouldn't leave her, but how about we go get something to eat. From the cafeteria or someplace close by, she's not going to wake up for a while, right?"

"I suppose I could eat. But can we stay at the cafeteria? I do not want to go to far from here."

"Sure thing. And to be clear, I'm paying."

"But-"

"Nope. Now come on," he gestured for us to leave, so I slowly let go of her hand, and followed.

[Time skip]

He paid for our meals, and we sat at a nearby table. I only got the cheapest sandwich and drink they had, with a small bag of chips.

"I love her because she's my daughter. I'm just curious, why do you love her?"

I looked down at my food and grinned.

"I have to have a reason?" I paused to realize that probably was not the best answer. "Sorry, that was rude. I just... It was the most reliving moment... When she walked into my life. The second I saw her, I saw something beautiful.

"Then... She met my son, and there was something there too. It was a sort of... Instant attachment to her, and when they met, he opened up. I have dated enough people, and not once did Metal like any of them.

"I guess she brings this sense of stability and peace to me and my son. Something I have not been able to feel since my wife passed. It has been a long few years, but now that (y/n) is here... Every day passes in a blink. That is most of it," I realized that I had rambled on for too long, so I stuffed my mouth with my sandwich so I would stop.

"I can't say I can understand completely, but from the sound of it, you are my daughter's soulmate. And yes, before you ask, I do believe in soulmates. I've never felt more right than when I knew (m/n) would be in my life forever."

"...I am glad you do not hate me-"

I stopped talking at the sound of of footsteps approaching us. Both (f/n) and I looked up grimly.

He has the audacity to show up here?