XXIX

GWENETH ADAMEY POV

"Are you alright?" Malcolm asked me as we walked back to my hotel room from the bar. I still had his coat on, it wasn't really cold or anything but he felt the need to wrap me up like a baby, just incase it does get cold, he would say.

He's so silly.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"You don't sound okay."

That's because I miss Nathaniel and I was hard on him the last time we talked. I should've never asked for time apart. I thought it would help us some how, him especially, to find himself despite me. I know it's something he needs, he's often lost when I ain't there, and I don't really mind him depending on my company, I also depend on his, but we must learn to be our own persons. Otherwise, we won't ever be truly self sufficient on our own and forever emotionally and physically depended on the other person.

But fuck,

I swear I don't know why I crave him so bad.

I just need him near me.

To feel his skin.

I think I'm about to lose my senses.

I find myself leaning into Malcolm and he wraps his arm around me, "You can tell me anything Gwen."

I know that.

But in this case It's not appropriate to tell Nathaniel's best friend that I'm dying to be made love to.

Even if he's also my best friend.

I just want my man okay.

I fucking miss him.

And I'm drunk, I little bit. I almost trip on my heels and Malcom quickly balanced me and pulls me closer to his embrace. "Take it easy. No need to rush, that room ain't going no where."

Yes, I know.

But if my calculations are correct, this is around the time Nathaniel takes a bath, and I want us to do what we did the other night over the phone.

We need space, I get it, but it's like my body is screaming for him.

"Can you carry me?" I tell Malcolm, "My legs are being abused by my tipsy weight." Lord, I had too much to drink.

He teasingly pinches my cheeks, "You're so cute."

I giggle, "Fuck off." He can't keep saying stuff like that, with this look on his face.

"No, I'm serious." He utters. "You're beautiful."

He's also kinda drunk.

I can tell.

His brown eyes are sloppy and so are his movements.

He lifts me up, and so easily places me on his shoulder, "Do you want me to throw up?" My stomach presses on his collarbone, my head dangling at the back, making me both dizzy and nauseated. I can feel his firm hand on my thighs, holding me steady so I don't fall.

"You comfy?" He chuckles.

"If only I wasn't being handled like a log." I poke his back with my finger nails.

"Ouch, stop it Gwen. I might drop you."

"Don't you dare, Nathaniel will murder you." I warned jokingly.

"I have no doubts he will."

I sigh.

Nathan would do anything for me and I for him. It's something that I've realized people can't understand, especially my friends, they don't get it why I'm so attached to Nathan. He is basically my soulmate. I love him.