VII

Some nights are longer than others for a reason.

JULIET HARRISON'S POV

I've never wanted something as much as I wanted that specific role and for that specific film production . Most of us here have worked really hard to earn the role. I might be talented but so is everybody else in this theatre. My skills are exceptional enough but I can be as unique as I can be but if a role isn't meant for you then you won't get it. But despite all this, I'm still going to give the best audition of my entire life.

Dorothea.....

That's the film.

A story about a girl who left Tennessee in pursue of a dream just like everybody else who leaves home. What attracted me to Dorothea's story is her heart. I don't think I've ever read such an interesting script in my life about any character before. I want to be the leading actress in this film, I want to play the role of Dorothea, and I'll do anything to deserve it.

I walk into the main dressing room of the Renaissance theatre. Thomas calls me to his side by the large wardrobe, his face not enthusiastic at all about today's audition. "You don't look so happy?" I said to him.

He tied his black curls back roughly, "I got fired today, from hence forth I can no longer afford to live in my apartment, pay for my tuition here at the theatre and live in San Francisco for that matter."

What?

"How? Why? Your boss loves you."

"Not anymore. I made a mistake Julia and I don't want to talk about it. I can't believe I fucked up my favorite job."

This is devastating news. Thomas loved that job. He's been dreaming about working at Gold star's since he was fifteen. When he got this job , he was the happiest man on earth. And I can't imagine how crushed he must be.

Thomas is the type of person who never makes a reckless mistake. He always plans ahead and executes his project brilliantly. He got the both of us into this theatre. Left his parents house because he couldn't stand being influenced by anybody else other than himself. When he says that he can no longer afford to stay in San Francisco, its because he'd rather die than go back to living at home, or let someone else take him into their house. And that includes me. Although we've been best friends for years.

"I either act my ass off today and earn a role in that Dorothea film, or I'm leaving the states." He said, "And I don't even think I'll fit into that film. Dorothea is the kind of movie for a person like you. You have the right look for the main character, the right mindset, your image matches the timeline and the aesthetic. It's like the film was meant for you. I need to start soul searching to discover what country should I go too next." He sounded so broken and I would be pulling him into my arms right now if it wasn't for the fact that he dared to say he'll be living San Francisco and me behind.

Does Thomas even register what he is talking about? What sort of reasoning is this? Deciding on matters so quickly without any second thoughts?

"You are blowing everything out of proportion here. You can always get another job. Besides, this has always been our dream, you want to just leave me here out of the blue. Saying you'd rather forsake everything than work somewhere that isn't Gold Stars. Don't be a child." I didn't intent to sound upset but I couldn't help myself. Clearly Thomas is far from acting like a child.

He looked at me with pure desolation and I wanted to console him more than anything but I didn't.

"You know exactly how I won't work somewhere I haven't been dreaming off. Gold stars was my biggest shot at making it big in LA. And if I'm not going to LA through Gold Stars then I'm not going to LA. Change of dreams now."