II

Atleast he could touch her....

NATHANIEL WILBUR'S POV

The shower was running as Gwen used my bathroom. I laid on bed with my back against the headboard with a copy of 'The great Gatsby' in my hands. Two weeks have passed and my injuries are taking their time to heal. I can walk now and the pain is faded but my leg is still covered in P.O.P

I hear Gwen fiddling with the faucets to cut the water flow. She is done cleaning up now. Its two hours past midnight and neither of us can sleep. Gwen hasn't stayed in her room since the incidence. She is getting more anxious, and the nightmares are back. She doesn't trust herself to stay alone hunted by her thoughts. I don't mind her laying with me every night. I can't trust myself with my thoughts either.

Gwen walked into the room naked as usual and I place my book over my eyes. "Seriously Gwen?" I groan.

"What? Nothing you haven't seen before." I could picture the amusement on her face. "It's ridiculous covering your eyes Nathan."

"Please don't tell me you plan to sleep like that again."

"Like I said, there's nothing you haven't seen before." I felt her hand lifting the duvet and her body settle next to mine.

"You'll be the death of me." I remove my book from my face and looked at her. She barely covered herself , I could see her nipples slightly poking over the duvet. How do I contain my ranging hormones right now?

"Do you still prefer the lights on?" I asked her.

"Yes."

Gwen hates sleeping in the dark. She doesn't understand how anyone would rather close their eyes and lay in darkness and sleep. Sometimes she tolerates it for my sake but when her nightmares return, we leave them on.

I placed my book on the sidetable and then adjusted to my position on the bed, making sure my left injured leg is secured. It wasn't a huge bed, I barely fit in it myself, so I drew Gwen into my arms as we cuddled under the sheets.

I wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt but that didn't keep me from feeling the heat of her smooth skin. My arm rested on her waist and the other Gwen used as a pillow.

We faced each other, her lips were close to mine and so I kissed them. She hummed silently as our lips moved gently against each other.

"I have been thinking about what you said the other day." She locked eyes with me, her fingers softly caressing my face and her lips slightly moving over my own lips. "We should leave this place, let's escape and not fail, I'm ready for this. I'd rather we earn our freedom or die in pursuit of it. If I stay here one more month I'll go completely insane."

Her words came right out of my heart. We've always spoken the same language that it alarms me sometimes.

I laid my lips on hers and kissed her again. Slowly embracing her slender back with my bare hand and pulling her naked body closer to mine. I whispered into her mouth, "If you weren't here with me then I would've lost my senses a long time ago. You help me hold my ground."

Her lips curved into a genuine smile and then she said, "It's always you and I against our demons." Gwen hardened the kiss, allowing me to explore her mouth deeper and deeper while I tasted her.

"Nathaniel." She whimpered when my hand held her breast and slightly squeezed. "There's no reason to keep on waiting. Make love to me........I'm ready now." Gwen said over parted lips.

Her body felt like holy grounds I wasn't ever meant to touch. She was so innocent and I'm a murderer's son. Her suffering is because of a man from my family. I don't deserve her.