XIV

We aren't kids anymore, and I realize it now.

{+18} content

NATHANIEL WILBUR'S POV

"You're also wondering about it right?" Gwen inquired while I have her sited on top of my lap , straddling me, as she plays with the hem of my shirt. "How fun it must be to grow up having all this exposure." We are inside our bedroom but sleep is running away from us though it's an hour past midnight.

"I'm trying not to think about things I couldn't have.I'm more focused on what we can do next. Now that we are finally out of that place, we need to build a life and start living it." I replied.

The lawyer made an appearance this evening when we returned from the park. I wanted Gwen to be present through out the meeting and the lawyer couldn't object. I'm not going to keep any secrets from her. She needs to know exactly what situation we're in, financially. If we're going to make plans on our future, she should be able to make decisions by my side or her own decisions and I won't hold anything from her.

Forty million dollars worth of assets.

That's more than enough to last us years.

I made it perfectly clear that any houses that my parents owned and lands should be sold....... effective immediately. I'm not going to live in them or use those properties so the best sensible decision will be to sell them.

We'll use some of that money for our education, buy ourselves a home and two or three vehicles. It's wise to invest atleast 60% of that wealth on lucrative projects and estates.

Gwen didn't want to accept the money, but it's retribution for all the damage my family has caused her. I instructed the lawyer to open Gwen her own personal account , half the remaining profits that aren't going to donations should be split between our accounts. The lawyer thought I'd lost mind giving Gwen equal shares but if it were up to me..I'd give her whatever percent she wanted. On paper, Gwen is my sister and should be entitled to atleast something. Neither of us even want this dirty money. We're only keeping it because it can be used for good.

Anything can happen in the future and that money is insurance.

Enzo also left behind some of his own money. About five point three million dollars and since he didn't have any close relatives but us, we're also keeping that cash. He left no last will and testament. That money is also going to donations as well.

We are hiring the best investment managers while also personally keeping track of our money. I'm turning eighteen in two months and perfectly capable of watching over our income. I and Gwen won't no longer be in Raymond's custody and that is really something to look forward to.

"Where do you want to live?" She asks, "When the times comes to leave New Orleans?"

I placed my hands on her bare thighs, caressing her skin softly. Her nightgown is made of light smooth fabric and I worried she might catch a cold though she promised me that won't happen.

"It depends."

"On what?" Her curious gaze was amusing to me. She's adorable.

It depends on whether or not she'll be comfortable enough to want to live with me. I can go anywhere she's going, so it's up to her. Where she goes, I follow.