XV

Hot summer nights, mid July, when you and I were forever one, the crazy days and city lights, And the way you  played with me like a child.

NATHANIEL WILBUR'S POV

In the past couple of weeks I have taken my time to learn a few essential things and my injuries have almost fully healed. Malcolm has been I and Gwen's companion. There is alot we've learned from him and it's great to be eyes open to how  interesting the world can be.

I think part of why we like Malcolm for a friend is the fact that he's not judgemental and respects people's boundaries. I and Gwen are fond of him and Raymond must be proud. At times I envy Malcolm, some people are just more fortunate than others and I'm learning to be okay with that.

Discovering a part of the world that isn't all black makes me think more about how life would've been if we were raised normally. But the past is in the past. One day I'll look back at my life and not feel so angry at the world.

Malcolm taught us how to drive. We are soon getting our driver's license. Gwen was so excited to learn how to swim and it took us a day in the water to start floating.

So far, the beach is my favorite place and the bar. Two places that I don't feel out of place because nobody is watching. Now I know why New Orleans is called "Busy Easy"... The nights are endless and the beaches are effortlessly gorgeous.

A few days ago, I and Gwen finally found a house. I can still recall the look on her face. "I love it. THIS IS IT. What do you think Nathan?"

It was a nice house but I didn't really care as long as she loved it. " I think we should take it."

Gwen wrapped her arms around me, tip toeing to reach my lips and kiss them, "We are going to be so happy here."

"And we deserve it." I affirmed. "We'll be moving in next month."

What I truly cared about is buying a car. I have a few options in mind. I love the long ride, music playing as I drive around town. It's such a great way to clear my head. As soon as I get my license, I'm buying us a car, three cars...... We surely don't need three but I'm buying an extra one just because I can. I'm exploring how it feels to do things because I have the ability to do them. How it feels to do things for no essential reason at all. I'm not depriving myself of anything...ever.

Food.

It should be everybody's favorite thing and It should be something everyone can afford.
I've been so hungry for half my life and it feels so fucking amazing being stuffed. Gwen will sometimes eat herself sick and wouldn't be able to move.

"I don't think I've ever met people who eat as much as you two." Malcolm comments, chuckling and wondering why we just eat and eat. We're all sited at the table , Raymond usually makes breakfast because it's one of his favorite things to do. He leaves early for work and most days we wake up to find him gone. But today is one of those days were lucky enough to see him in the morning.

I'm not ready to tell Malcolm our story, but one day I'm sure we will. He is our closest person now and he matters to us.  He only knows that our parents died and left us everything..other than that, Malcolm knows nothing else. I'm sure he would freak to find out Gwen is my sister.

"Nathan.... A new hair saloon has opened  near here, can I go check it out?" Gwen asks, placing her hand on top of mine at the table. 

"Sure, I'll drive you there. Don't go alone."

"You'll get bored tagging along , it's just ladies there and I'm planning to stay for a while. May be I'll even met someone I can be friends with."

I assured her that I don't mind, "I just wait for you in the car."