XXXIII

JULIET HARRISON POV

I was jolted from my sleep in the middle of the wakeless night. I felt a hot rash on the back of my arm.

"Are you alright?" I hear Nathaniel's voice as he speaks over my neck. We were curled up on bed, our legs tangled, my head on his chest.

"My arm's itchy," I said, snuggling Into his warmth. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Not much," his hot breath hit the nape of my neck. I felt myself whimper. It's sad that Nathan can't get any good night sleep.

We are very close.

My bare legs against his own, I moved even closer to him.

Nathaniel drew me impossibly nearer with his arms, " I'm not squishing you, am I?" He chuckled.

If you only knew how much I don't care if you'd crush me.

"I'm okay."

"Let me check your arm." He said.

"Don't worry about it," I advised, "It's not even that serious of an itch."

"I still need to check it and if necessary I'll apply some ointment to cool it off." He insisted.

I nodded silently.

Nathaniel got off bed and turned on the lights.

After inspecting my arm and taking care of the rash, he switched off the lights and came back to bed with me.

I thought he'd create a bit more distance when he returned but not really.

We slept the same way.

"You're getting better, almost fully healed. Soon it'll be safe for you to leave here. You can finally go back to your city." He said.

I frowned.

We're basically cuddling and he's talking about me leaving.

"I'm aware you can't wait for me to disappear, but will you not mention it, atleast for now." I spoke.

And here I thought we're getting along.

"Someone's not happy," he teased.

"It's unfair Nathaniel, you're being mean again."

He surprised me by slightly pinching my pouted lip. "Relax, I'm just worried you're missing classes. I see how you won't stop reading those papers of yours."

He notices.

"They're called scripts." I corrected.

"Are you on a play? Romeo and Juliet is it?" He was again teasing me.

I sighed, remembering the audition for Dorothea is so close and I'm barely perfect for it yet."I'm preparing for a serious role on an upcoming film. Just incase you give a shit, I'm in acting school."

"Oh," he said amused, "Suites you."

Huh?

"Meaning?" I questioned, why is he so chill? While literally annoying me. Is he enjoying this?

"You're so dramatic," he said, "Being an actress is spot on for you."

"Excuse me!" I lifted my head from his chest to look at his face, that I barely saw because it's dark. "Atleast I'm SOMETHING. You on the other hand are IMPOSSIBLE.... Nathaniel Wilbur.....I COULD NEVER."

He laughed, Nathaniel never laughs.

And not just a small laugh, he laughed humorously. As though, happy.