XIX

As we slowly lost our Innocence She said nothing will take her soul away... absolutely nothing.

NATHANIEL WILBUR'S POV

I drive full speed ahead, music roaring from the car radio. Our jeep is a red convertible and Gwen stands up to the wind, taking full advantage of the open space ontop our heads. The midnight drives are our daily dose of pure ecstasy.

We sing on top our lungs, loudly to Guns and roses.

I love this band.

"Uh- oh." Gwen cheers , her peach hair getting blown by the wind , the glittering blue rays of the moon falling on her skin , it's like she was illuminating. She sings along with her voice high and it's melody to my ears. She chants out into the wind , declaring how she is madly in love with me and although I've heard those words before, my heart is feeding in her fountain.

It's like I'm falling for her harder and harder , all over again.

The road is ours and we claim the night ours too.

"Nathan..." She looks down on me while still standing on her sit.

I steer on the wheel, keeping my eyes on her and on the road, "Yes Gwen."

"Promise me something?"

"Anything you want." I say without hesitation.

"Never forget me." Her tone is soft and delicate, and I slow down a bit. "I know this life isn't guaranteed but whatever happens to us, wherever our fate may lead us to, come hell or high water, even when we're miles apart, don't ever forget me."

My biggest fear, and I'll never be ashamed to say it____Is loosing Gwen.

"It's impossible to forget you."

She insisted, "Promise me ... I want to hear you say it."

"I promise."

They say that you only fall in love once, your soulmate comes along once in an entire life time and it's up to you to capture that moment and keep it, there aren't second chances . You have one shot to make it right.

I truly believe I've already met the love of my life. This is it. And she is right here.

She has always been by my side.

I will do whatever it takes to make this last as long as I can. I will hold on and hold hard.

Our destination right now is Malcolm's work place. We are picking him up and heading straight to party. He has a tendency of staying up late at the office, but it's our job to save him. Gwen takes out her black versace mini dress and changes inside the car. If these streets weren't this empty ,I wouldn't have let her take her clothes off out in the open.

There's this place Malcolm introduced us to weeks ago, and it's our go to place when craving to dance to the music, under the disco ball with glasses of whiskey in our hands.

We find him waiting outside the Techs company. "Right on time. Did you guys bring the IDs I gave you?"

Of course, we aren't forgetting them again. It happened once and it won't happen again. Neither of us are above twenty one. So we're all using the fake IDs Malcolm made for us to enter the club.