XVII

JULIET HARRISON'S POV

I showered slowly, buying myself sometime in his bathroom as I stared at it. Since I showed up in this house there wasn't anything that could tell me the kind of person Nathaniel is. No picture frames, no books, no colour....there wasn't any intricate details that would reveal to me who I've been dealing with.

But after spending only three minutes in this bathroom, I'm starting to understand something.

I notice that the white walls of the bathroom have writings painted on them, but not with artistic designs of any particular talent, but just random words that I couldn't understand, not English. They appeared angry, as through written during moments of absolute rage. Some of the words looked really fresh, as though written yesterday, the paint is still glistening. While others looked dull, and faint like they've been there for a while .

All hidden in this place, away from prying eyes.

And that gave me an epiphany  I hadn't realized before.

This house that I thought didn't reveal anything about Nathan actually told me so much, the truth was hidden in plain sight.

Nathaniel  does not want people to see straight through him. That's why  his house has very few details, not because he doesn't have a particular taste in material or design, he is purposefully choosing to not be decorative.

He prefers being alone. At first I just thought that he was alone due to circumstances but after seeing how he hides all his thoughts in encrypted words on his bathroom walls, I now know its not true. He chose this life, to be out here. This wasn't circumstantial.

He doesn't trust anyone.

He has anger issues, I suspected this one, but after seeing this bathroom, my suspensions are justified.

Something happened to him, something terrible. And it did not only mess up his flesh, it fucked with his head. Because the writings on these walls  are absolutely tarnishing.

But what happened?

Who is Nathaniel Wilbur?

The water is starting to get cold, and I realize I've been under the shower for way too long. I'm surprised Nathan hasn't called me out. I scrub my body quickly and I giggle to myself, he let me use his bathing scrub. If only he'd let me use the toothbrush too.

Oh well, today is the last time I'll be in this house. I'll probably never see him again. There isn't time for us to get to know each other.

Perhaps we could've been friends.....or may be even friends of convenience. I'm sure Daniel wouldn't mind if I fucked other people. I would be a liar if I claimed not to be even slightly attracted to Nathaniel.

The shower head above me begins to shake vigorously and I stare at it with confusion. Why is it doing that?

Then water stops flowing.

No way!

Did he forget to pay the bill?

I've barely finished showering and my body is still covered with  soap.