Chapter Ten

An update for the winning book! 💜

"One smiley face pancake for you!" Jin placed Yu Mi's breakfast in front of her while he held Ye Jun on his hips.

Yu Mi smiled and thanked Jin, digging right into her food. Jin felt a sigh a relief seeing her eat as he was worried the pancake wouldn't be to her liking.

Due to Ye Jun clinging to him most of the morning, he wasn't able to cook as well as he usually did. Ye Jun seems to have been feeling better, but he was still clinging to Jin.

Picking up the rice cereal he made him, he sat by the dining table next to Yu Mi. Placing Ye Jun on his legs to sit, he began feeding him, using the choo choo train to get Ye Jun to eat. As he continued doing it, Ye Jun would laugh, warming Jin's heart as he could see his mood improving.

Every moment he spent with these kids, his heart melted, and his mind wonders about what happened with their Appa. He had recognized by now it was something Jungkook wouldn't share, neither were they close for him to share his personal life with him, but he remained curious. Not comprehending who could leave a young child, if they did, unless something tragic happen, but it makes sense to him considering Yu Mi was aware of her Appa and stating it was a forbidden word, that blew Jin's mind.

"What are we doing today?" Yu Mi asked as she finishes her pancake, surprising Jin. It was the first time he had seen her finish an entire pancake. The first time he made it for her, she only ate half of it.

"Well, since your brother is not feeling his best, I think we should take a stroll around the area and stay close to our hotel. There is a park close by; we can go there after getting cleaned up and getting dressed. I will go and get Ye Jun ready. Do you think you can pick out an outfit and dress yourself up nicely?"

Yu Mi nods her head, "I know how to get dress nicely."

"Of course you do; who else is smarter than my Yu Mi?" Ye Jun lets out a little sound causing both Jin and Yu Mi to laugh.

********

Jin and the kids had a fun time roaming around outside. He took the time to search for a famous cupcake shop he had been dying to try and was hoping to surprise Yu Mi with, but he didn't find it, and he didn't want to walk too much with the kids, especially with Ye Jun spending most of their walks in his arms.

He had brought his stroller, but he didn't want to stay in it. Jin figured it was because he was still not feeling a hundred percent.

They did find an ice cream parlor, where he and the kids enjoyed themselves some ice cream. He had gotten plain vanilla and given only a little to Ye Jun, not wanting to give him too much. He seemed to like it, and Jin figured he would try him again when he made homemade ice cream.

After having ice cream, they visited a kids' park, where Yu Mi enjoyed herself. She instantly made a friend, and they played together, while Jin and Ye Jun sat on the park bench together. Jin used the time to catch up with Jimin, who had broken the news that Namjoon had asked him out officially. He was overjoyed for Jimin as he knew how much Jimin had liked Namjoon but didn't know if anything serious would come from what they had.

Jungkook also called him to check on the kids; he spoke to Yu Mi and Ye Jun briefly before letting Jin know he had to go as his day was busy with constant demands coming his way. Jin understood and didn't keep him long on the phone, assuring him all was well with the kids.

Two hours before Jin knew Jungkook would be returning, he took the kids back to the hotel and had the shower. YuMi, he observed and directed as she took her bath, and then he gave Ye Jun a warm bath and put him down for a much-needed nap. As Ye Jun slept, Jin took the opportunity to shower and get ready; he wasn't sure what kind of restaurant they were going to, so he settled with wearing something semi-casual.