Chapter Fifteen

Chapter fifteen

Elayne didn't know how long she stayed down there with all the magical creatures, nor did she care. Hagrid had lead her down and told her which ones were in need of being fed and had asked if she would like to do it. She had, of course, agreed. He had then left her there, in the small clearing just inside the forest. She was currently feeding the hippogriff some ferrets. She had already been around to various creatures, feeding them and then playing with them. With the hippogriff she had already bowed to it and it had immediately bowed back.

After it had chowed down on the ferrets, Elayne had started stroking it's feathers. After it had finished eating, she untied it from the tree it had been tied too and lead it out to the middle of the clearing.

"What do you say we go for quick ride?" She asked the hippogriff who stomped one of it's front talons and gave a little nod.

Smiling, Elayne went and climbed up onto it's back. Once she was settled, she said, "Let's go! A trip around the lake will do, I think."

The hippogriff let out a screech and off it went. It started off in a gallop, making sure to clear out of the forest, then as soon as they were out, it took to the sky.

As they flew through the air, Elayne closed her eyes and tilted her head back. She smiled as the wind blew through her curls. She didn't care that it would leave her hair a tangled mess.

After a minute or two, Elayne opened her eyes and looked down the lake below. The sun was starting to set and the faint glow from the sun made the lake look even more magical than it already was.

Her fingers gently stroked the hippogriff's back as they flew around in a giant circle around the lake.

If Elayne estimated correctly, the time it took to fly around the lake only took about thirty-five minutes. The sun had gone down and the stars had come out by the time they landed back on the ground.

The hippogriff came to a stop and Elayne climbed down. "Thank you. That was so much fun. Come, now we need to get you back." She then stared leading it back to it's spot in the clearing.

She gave it one last ferret after tying it back up and then headed back out of the forest. She brushed her hand through her hair, trying to untangle her curls.

She was about half way back to the castle when she saw a figure approaching her.

"Where the hell have you been? Nobody knew where you were. Riddle almost cursed that little blonde friend of your's when she said that it was none of his business, but she quickly changed her tune when he threatened detentions for two weeks. She finally admitted that she didn't know where you had gone." The voice said as it got closer.

Once close enough, Elayne saw that it was Lestrange.

Her brow furrowed. "Why was Tom looking for me?" She looked up at the sky. "I guess I have been gone longer than I realized. I've just been down at the edge of the forest, visiting the magical creatures."

Lestrange shook his head at her. "Come on. We need to get back to the castle before Riddle actually DOES curse someone." He waited for her to start walking again. Once she had, Lestrange followed alongside her.

Elayne glanced at the boy beside her. "May I ask you a question?"

One of his eyebrows raised. "What is it?"

Elayne swallowed before she spoke again. "Are you related in some way to Leta Lestrange?"

He turned his head to look at her. "Why do you want to know?"