Chapter Thirty-three

Elayne lead Tom into the spare room, sitting down at the end of the bed.

As Tom looked around he noticed that the room was rather plain. Everything was either white or cream, with the exception of the headboard and footboard of the bed, as well as the small desk in the corner. Those things were some type of dark wood.

Tom sat down next to Elayne and watched as his trunk floated in and placed itself at the foot of the bed.

"I'm sorry about Eli." Elayne said, head bowed. Her hair hid her face like it normally did when she was upset.

Turning towards her, Tom brushed her curls behind her ear. "Like I told you only moments ago, it's fine." He fought to keep a sneer off of his face as he lied to the girl beside him. Both Newt and Eli's reactions had angered him. How dare they treat him as if he was nothing but dirt under their feet?

Elayne leaned over and put her head on Tom's shoulder. "Just because you say something is fine, doesn't mean that it is. They've never had issues with me having male friends over." She started, wrapping her arms around his arm, hugging it to herself.

"It's different this time. I'm not just your friend, I'm your boyfriend. Our relationship is no where near being platonic like any of those other boys." Tom said, telling her what he thought she needed to hear.

"I suppose that's true. I didn't look at it that way." Elayne said, one of her hands playing with his fingers while the other remained firmly wrapped around his arm.

Tom watched as their fingers tangled together, fighting back a small smile.

After a few moments, Tom cleared his throat. "How about we get settled, hmm?"

Sighing, Elayne pulled herself away from him. She stood up and motioned for him to follow her.

Elayne lead him back out into the hallway and opened the remaining door.

Once the door was fully opened, Tom peered inside, taking in the small bathroom.

"As you can see, this is the bath room." Elayne started, waving her hand towards the room. "If you want hot water, you might wanna get up early. Eli and Leon always beat me to it and leave me without any hot water." A small pout flitted across her lips as her eyebrows drew together.

Tom ran a finger between her eyes and down her nose. "It won't matter if they leave it without any hot water. You forget, darling." He trailed off, leaning towards her and whispering into her ear, "You forget that we have magic."

Elayne's eyes widened. "There's a spell that can heat up the water?"

Tom chuckled. "Of course there is."

He watched in amusement as the small girl in front of him turned bright pink.

"I knew that..." Elayne mumbled under her breath.

Reaching forward, Tom pulled Elayne closer to him and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Show me your room? I want to see if it's exactly as it was in the room of requirement."

Hesitantly, Elayne lead Tom to the door across the hall, the one with her name etched in the wood. She threw Tom a nervous look before opening the door and stepping inside.

As Tom entered, he had to hide a small smile. Her room was exactly the same. Well, exactly the same, except for one thing. A small, worn teddy bear sat leaning against her pillows.

"That was definitely not a part of the room you imagined in the room of requirement." Tom said, nodding his head in the direction of the bear.

Eyebrows pinched together, Elayne looked in the direction Tom had nodded towards. A quiet shriek slipped past her lips as she saw what he was talking about. She ran to her bed and grabbed her bear, shoving it behind her small mountain of pillows.