Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

The group of Slytherin boys stood in the entrance hall, all dressed up for Slughorn's Halloween get together.

The boys, aside from Tom, were talking amongst themselves.

Tom was currently leaning against the wall outside of the great hall. He and the other boys were waiting for Elayne so that they could all go to Slughorn's party together.

The dark-haired boy was thinking about what he wanted to use for his next horcrux, subconsciously twisting his ring around his finger.

He was soon brought out of his thoughts when a gentle clacking could be heard.

"The hell is that?" Rosier muttered.

They all turned towards where the noise was coming from. They were all very shocked when Elayne appeared from the staircase that led down to her common room.

Said girl was dressed in an emerald green, long sleeved dress. There was a bit of dark silver trimming that accented the top of the dress. On her feet was a pair of dark green leather high heeled shoes. Her wild curls were twisted up into an elegant top bun with a few strands braided and wrapped around it.

"Sorry I took so long. I didn't have the right shoes to go with this dress. Olivia had to lend these to me." She said, sounding breathless as she made her way towards them.

The group of boys stood, staring at the small girl.

Elayne noticed them staring and ran her hands down the skirt of her dress nervously. "Do I look alright?"

"You look more then alright." Lestrange said, running a hand through his hair.

Malfoy nodded in agreement. "Who knew little badgers could clean up so nicely."

Tom had also been mesmerized by the sight of his girlfriend. She was beautiful, but tonight she had taken it to another level.

The head boy cleared his throat as he pushed off of the wall. "Let's be going then." He walked towards Elayne and grabbed her hand, leading her in the direction of the dungeons, where Slughorn usually held his parties.

When they arrived to the classroom, Elayne stared in awe. The room had been transformed into a warm sitting room type setting. There was a fireplace with chairs and a sofa around it, as well as a large table with various snack type foods sitting on top of it.

Not many students had arrived yet, but Elayne saw a handful of Ravenclaw students and two Gryffindor girls spread out around the room.

Slughorn, who was currently chatting with the group of Ravenclaws, looked up as the Slytherin bunch walked in. His eyes seemed to light up when he saw Tom. He quickly excused himself and walked towards the group, a big smile spread wide on his face.

"Tom! So nice of you to join us!" Slughorn said, reaching out and grabbing Tom's hand, giving it a firm shake. "And hello to you boys as well!" He said as he looked over the other boys.

When his eyes slid to Elayne, she felt her cheeks heat up. Her gaze dropped to the floor as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Dear me! You're not one of mine, now, are you?" Slughorn asked.

Shyly, Elayne looked up at him. "No, sir."

"This is Elayne Scamander, Professor. She's a fifth year Hufflepuff. She's here as my guest." Tom spoke, his words flowing smoothly past his lips.

"Oh yes! You're our transfer student! Yes, I remember now." Slughorn began, taking a sip from the glass he held in his left hand. "Tell me about yourself, Miss Scamander. Your father is Newt Scamander, yes? He wrote that book 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'."