Chapter Twenty-five

Chapter twenty-five

As Tom and Elayne were walking up to the seventh floor, Elayne kept feeling something brushing against her leg. Every time she looked down, however, there was nothing there.

When the pair reached the landing of the seventh floor, Elayne felt something jump on her back, causing her to stumble forward. She would have fallen to the floor, but Tom caught her, like always.

"What just happened?" Tom asked, raising an eyebrow.

As Elayne stood back upright, she felt something clinging onto her back. She felt tiny little hands wrap around her neck. She gasped as her hands flew up to clutch at the ones around her neck.

"Dougal!" Elayne exclaimed.

The silver haired demiguise took this moment to appear, clinging onto Elayne's back.

Elayne smiled as she gently pulled the demiguise around to rest on her hip.

The demiguise nuzzled his head against her, letting out what sounded like a high-pitched purr.

"What are you doing here?" Elayne asked, reaching up and petting his head. "Is daddy here too then?"

His dark brown eyes looked up at her. Elayne smiled down at him, hugging him to her. She looked up at Tom, who looked a bit confused.

Laughing, Elayne said, "This is Dougal, my father's demiguise."

Dougal looked over at Tom. His eyes instantly went blue as he turned his head to look at the dark-haired boy.

Elayne tilted her head to the side. Once the demiguise's eyes were back to normal, Elayne asked, "What did you see?" She knew that he couldn't tell her exactly, but usually when the demiguise saw something, his reaction was what told her if what he saw was good or bad.

Dougal clung to Elayne, a whimpering like sound coming from his mouth.

Her eyebrows pinched together as she shook her head. "Is something bad going to happen to Tom?" She asked.

The demiguise didn't respond.

Elayne stroked the back of Dougal's head, trying to calm him down. "It's alright. Calm down, Dougal."

All Tom could do was stare at the Hufflepuff girl. He had no idea what exactly was going on. He cursed himself for not taking any Care of Magical Creatures classes.

Elayne looked over at Tom when the demiguise had finally seemed to settle. Tom raised an eyebrow at her, silently asking what had just happened.

Sighing, Elayne began to explain. "The demiguise have precognitive sight. They're able to see into the near future. When Dougal's eyes went blue, he was seeing something that will happen in the very near future."

This caught Tom's interest. This creature could be very useful to him. "Is there any way to know what it saw?" Tom asked.

Elayne shook her head. "No, it's not possible to know. The only way to really tell what it saw is to pay close attention to what's to come."

"Interesting." Was all Tom said as he looked at the creature who was clinging to his girlfriend.

"We should get you back in to dad's case. He probably doesn't even know you're missing." Elayne said, looking down at the demiguise.

"How would he not know it's missing?" Tom asked.

"The demiguise are usually hidden by their invisibility. If my dad was busy with something, it's possible that Dougal here snuck away unnoticed." Elayne said.