Chapter 61 - Fighting for my baby

About ten wolves, one of them including my loyal beta, jumped through the glass windows and I yelled through the link "Riley get down!" My mate immediately fell to the ground, covering his head with his tied arms and now that his shirt had slipped up a bit and just for that brief second that I had seen it, I could clearly see some bruises. Oh yeah, they were so fucking dead...That was the last thing I needed to see to be sure, that I would spear no mercy for these fucking awful people! 

I rammed my elbow into the stomach of the guy, who was supposed to hold me back, before freeing another hand and knocking my fist into the guy's face, who was responsible for keeping my shoulders under control, so that I would stay put and have to watch them hurt my mate. Maximus and Julia were fighting some of the warriors and I was astound to see Maximus not protecting Julia first, even if he could. He didn't seem to care that much about his unborn child. Unborn child...right, this needed to happen as quickly as possible, so we could get Riley the medical attention he needed. 

Some of the guards, who had ran into the big hall to see what the loud noise was about, tried attacking me and since this was actually for a good cause, that being to free and revenge my mate and keep him safe, I had no problem fighting them with all I had. That also meant to take the head of one, breaking his jaw, extending my claws and ripping out a piece of another one, not enough to kill them, but to premaritally make it unable for them to fight back anymore and even to take another one's head, slamming it against the wall and knocking them out completely. 

I just needed to get to Riley, I needed to keep him safe. 

When I turned towards my mate, another guard, who was free, was approaching him from behind, wrapping his arms under his and pulling him up, trying to carry him away to secure the hostage. And through the loud groans, growls, moans of pain and yells of the fighters in front of me, I heard him yell "Asher!" What I also saw was, Maximus and Julia sneaking through a door and getting away, but my crying mate was more important than my revenge. I immediately ran his way, giving it my all, but somebody had grabbed my foot and I was quick to jump up and land on top of them, wrapping my legs around their throat and taking them to the ground, I had no problem with that, but...when I looked up, the guy was just dragging my mate out the hall. Fuck. FUCK! 

"RILEY!" I yelled and more guards came running my way now, knowing that keeping us apart was the most important thing for their victory. But suddenly, the guy who held my mate, fell to the ground. 

Because Cecilia, who had made her way through the castle from that side, had slit his throat with one of her knives. Yeah, she had no problem doing that. We did say to avoid killing too many people, just as many as needed to win this, but to be fair, my mate was in danger and that mutt had it coming. "Hey there bitch, long time no see. Oh watch out!" Cecilia grinned and Riley, who had looked at her with big eyes, ducked at that, just so she could ram one of her knives into the shoulder of a man, who had tried to attack my mate from behind and get him. 

"Lets get you out of this place. Honestly, Italy around this time is great, you should go there some other time" she said, taking Riley's hand, freeing them with her knife and pulling him through the hall, past all of the guys fighting. I was just having a bit of trouble with about eight guys as well, who were attacking me. Well not trouble, I was trained for more, but I just needed to get them away from me, so I could focus on my mate. I fought, punched, bit and clawed where I could and the guys attacking me slowly lessened, letting Cecilia, with Riley, pull through the crowd. When my eyes spotted my mate, it was as if this battlefield in the middle of a renaissance castle didn't even exist, because all I saw was him. 

I immediately leaped forward, wrapping my arms so tightly around him, that if somebody were to try and attack him, I could shield him from any kind of pain. Any arrow, any knife or bullet meant for him would be shielded off by me and Riley hugged me back, our bond relaxing and glowing between us. I had him back, I felt him again. I had my Riley. "I'm-...I'm so sorry" I whimpered, but before my mate could say anything, somebody pulled me off of him and I recognised the person, that was the only reason I let that happen. Because it was Pax, who had managed to command this team of wolves, so that most of the men and women we just had to fight were either knocked out, wounded, ran away or were simply dead.