Chapter 26 - Happiness to treasure

I could scream. I wanted to run up to the highest mountain and just start yelling from the top of my lunges, that was how happy I was in that very moment. After Riley and I had shared that kiss, I walked him home, promising to meet him again soon. But I didn't want Lynn and his parents to worry again, so I tried to get him home before he could count as a missing person. Riley pouted, wanting to cherish this evening forever, but we promised to meet each other again tomorrow evening, where he would teach me how to cook and just spend some time together. 

But I couldn't stop smiling. Since our kiss, I couldn't help it, I was just from head to toe so unbelievably in bliss. Riley and I kissed and it was perfect. He didn't pull away and neither did I, well until we needed to breath of course, but nobody freaked out! Today I would meet him again and my stomach was filled with butterflies. I could barely sleep when I got home after dropping Riley off at his house and pressing one last kiss to his perfect lips, before I left, running home at full speed, howling as Dixon and I were in heaven. 

I could have literally danced in the rain, as cheesy as that sounds, but I had never felt so over the moon, so utterly happy before! Something was always wrong with the happiness I had. If it was me becoming alpha, it was my parents dying for it. When Riley and I kissed the first time, he was immediately eaten by guilt afterwards. If I had a fun day with my friends, I used to come home to my parents yelling at me. But now? There was no downside to this! There was nothing that made this moment a little less perfect. It was just pure happiness I felt and Riley had looked just as exited and giddy when I dropped him off at his house. 

I spend the night rolling around in bed, a bright smile on my face as I kept replaying the kiss in my head. I was well aware that I was behaving like a little kid the night before their birthday, but come on, my mate had finally wanted to kiss me and it was amazing, let me be happy. I kept thinking about where this might take us and how Riley seemed to slowly lose the idea of us just being friends and wanted more than that and I most certainly did too. I would respect any decision he would make, but the fact that he kissed me and liked doing that send me straight to heaven. 

The night passed and I wasn't even tired. All the adrenaline from last nights events still kept me up and happy, that I even got up at 7 am, went on a run with Dixon to let him out as well, he had really needed that, before returning home and making myself some breakfast. I send the cook home, as I prepared a smoothie and made some pancakes, which I learned how to do on youtube and though they weren't perfect, they tasted pretty fucking good, especially with Riley's Nutella. 

I spend some time in my office, actually fucking working for once and when I finished everything that I needed for now, I decided to go to the grocery store and buy everything my Bambi and I would need for our cooking evening. We had texted a bit in the morning, me having apparently woken him up with my good morning text, but Riley didn't mind. He suddenly seemed shy over text, but send a lot of hearts and I knew that he was just nervous, but also just as giddy as I was. We decided to try and make some pizza ourselves, since I still had a receipt my mom brought from Italy with her. Oh I would ruin it so badly, but hopefully Riley and I would have some fun while doing so. 

I bought everything needed and some more Nutella, just as a gift for my mate to take home after we ate tonight. I had never really been grocery shopping before, as I shamefully had to admit, but this wasn't too hard! Just weighting the tomatoes was so difficult, an old lady had to help me do it. She asked if I was buying things for my mom and I just explained that I had a date. She smiled and assumed I had a girl over and when I explained that his, not her, name was Riley, she almost fainted. Truthfully, that made me angry, really angry, but nothing should ruin this day. This had to be perfect and it would be, if I didn't let the homophobia get to me.