Chapter 56 - Turning Leaves

"My dad wants to speak to you" Riley whispered, as he brought another box into the pack house. We had been back from our little trip over two weeks ago and we quickly realized, that it was really impossible for us to stay apart for longer than two hours. So nights apart were not really a thing for us that was possible. We had a talk with his parents and told them about our situation and that we had decided to move in together. Patricia, Riley's mom was...not very happy about it, I tell you. She tried to reason with him, begged him to stay at least until he would graduate, but Daniel interfered. 

He reminded her of how they moved in two weeks after they got together. Yes it was mostly because Daniel didn't have a place to stay at the time, but still, it was just as impossible for them to be apart as it was for us now. We decided on a middle ground. Riley would move half of his stuff over to my suite, so he could comfortably live there with me for a month and then we would see, if a few nights a week, he could spend them at his parents house. I didn't really see that happening anytime soon, but I think it was just to make this easier for Patricia. 

Because me staying with Riley...yeah we did this once after we came back from the trip and by god was it a mess, no thank you! Just knowing that his father was hearing it all, our conversation and other stuff, we weren't even able to kiss! So yeah, that was pure torture, especially for Riley and we quickly decided, that that wasn't working. 

So now we were carrying boxes with his stuff into the packhouse and my- well now our suite, moving him in. At Riley's words I gulped, glancing over at Daniel, who was standing by the unloaded car, while Patricia and Lynn helped us move the boxes into the house. He had his hands folded in front of his chest, looking tough and there was no doubt in my mind, that he could kill me, because I would probably not fight back for Riley's sake. 

"Good luck" Riley chuckled, kissing my cheek, before he began his way into the house. Oh lord...oh god what was he going to say? I mean, it was a bit late for the tough father versus the boy his son is dating talk, we were now literally mated. I mean, he had that kind of talk with me when we returned from our trip and he noticed the few faint bruises on Riley's neck and he thought I was abusing his son. Lord he almost killed me. And it was hella awkward watching Riley trying to explain to his dad, that I wasn't abusing him but that he liked having that done to him. I almost died, literally. 

"Sir...you wanted to speak to me...sir?" I asked, my nervousness shining through and Daniel chuckled, sitting down on the edge of the open trunk of his car, motioning for me to sit down next to him. "Relax Asher, I won't try to kill you again, at least if you don't give me a reason to do so" he said and I nodded, but I wasn't planning on giving him one. Honestly, I couldn't hurt Riley even if a knife would be pressed to my throat, he would still be my number one priority. 

"So...I know you two are now officially mated...and I know you love my son with all your heart and just want whats best for him. And I do trust you to always try that Asher, I think very highly of you to be completely honest. But sometimes trying isn't enough. I know you will do everything in your power to keep my son happy and save, but I just need your verbal promise to be completely sure. I stood up for you two when my wife wanted to keep her baby boy forever, but I know you two need this right now. So just promise me, even though your...our pack I guess, isn't one of the safes, that you will keep my son happy and save and you have my blessing" Daniel said and I smiled to myself. 

"Actually....I have kind of a surprise fo Riley today. Well it is more for me, but...I know it will make him very happy and I guess you too. And make this even saver. Just a quick warning, there will me an assembly tonight, so be prepared for that. And yes, I promise you that I will protect him with my life and keep him happy. Nothing in the world is more important to me than that, I can guarantee you that" I said and Daniel nodded with a smile on his lips, before he patted my shoulder.