Chapter 21: Meet The Parentals

third person's point of view

The nationals had come and went by a blur to the boy's and girl's team of Shiratorizawa Academy. The boy's team won first place and let us not forget the girl's team who also won first place. It was a great year for the Shiratorizawa Academy.

[ a/n: soooo in the anime and manga it just said that ushijima was one of the top 3 aces in Japan but it didn't tell if he was the first, second, or third. sooo for this story let's just say that he's the top first ace. being the top first ace means that their team won first place in the nationals ]

Winning the nationals for the girl's team meant that Haru still stayed as the top ace. A lot of people congratulated her for this but of course, to the girl this ranking was nothing. It was all about how much she enjoyed the game. Not only was she awarded as the MVP in the Interhigh Nationals but Aki and Zumi were also awarded with the best setter and best libero, respectively.

Since the Nationals was held in Tokyo, it gave Haru and Tsutomu some time to visit their parents which meant that Wakatoshi also had the chance to meet Haru's biological mom and step dad. Recalling back to that night would always send Haru into giggles.

*flashback*

haruka ishiwaka's point fo view

"Nee-san! Hurry or else we won't get back on time for curfew!" Tsutomu whined from behind me. I just rolled my eyes. Tsutomu and I thought that it would be nice to have dinner at our parent's house since it was our second day in Tokyo and they didn't have time to go home yet or even meet their parents in between matches.

"Wait! Okay!? Just be patient." I hissed, a bit annoyed at how he was rushing me. Tsutomu whined once more before approaching me. "Who're you even waiting for?"

"Toshi." I said directly to him while still having my eyes trained on the entrance of the hotel. Me and Tsutomu are currently outside the hotel where the teams are staying at. We were both bundled up in our caots sinc eit was unnecessarily cold in Tokyo at the moment.

"What!?" Tsutomu's eyes widened.

"I told him that we're joining you for dinner." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Wait! So he doesn't-" he started to rant.

"Nope." I smiled cheekily at my brother. "Now, shut up and just follow my lead, and don't you dare say anything, got it?"

"Why won't you just tell him we're meeting mom and dad? Won't he be surprised? Won't he get nervous?" He fired questions after questions towards me. I breathed out heavily before turning to him.

"He'll probably say, let's just meet them next time if he knows. He'll probably want to be all prim and proper and wants to leave a good impression on them but let's face it Tsutomu we're anything but prim and proper." I laughed out. "Surprised? Yeah, he'll probably be extremely surprised. Nervous? What he doesn't see coming to him won't get him nervous." I shrugged while chuckling.

"You better know what you're doing." Tsutomu told me.

"Dont worry, I know what I'm doing. Plus, I told mom to prepare one more plate." I grinned at Tsutomu who only just rolled his eyes, probably tired by my antics.

"Hey, sorry to keep you both waiting." An appraoching Wakatoshi, donned with a thick coat, said as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Once he was beside me, he placed an arm around the back of my shoulders. I smiled at this. He says he doesn't like PDA but he's always the one who insinuates it.