𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: Cᴀɴ I Cᴏᴍᴇ Wɪᴛʜ Yᴏᴜ? "

haruka ishiwaka's point of view

As I entered the infirmary, the smell of alcohol and disinfectants hit me. I noticed that nobody was at the front desk so I just slipped into where the beds were located. I just followed the chatter that I heard and I found my brother. He was with the third years except Soekawa and the other two first years. As I made my presence known, the chatter stopped and they stared at me.

"Um, I uh thank you for um staying with him." I said sheepishly as I scratched the back of my head awkwardly as I looked at the boy's team. "Also, um uh sorry for snapping at you guys earlier."

"It's okay, he's a teammate after all." Eita said as he smiled at him. I noticed Wakatoshi nodded to me as well. I returned the smile before turning my attention to my brother who was sitting on the bed.

"How're you? Did they call Ma and Pa yet?" I asked as I nudged him to move further in the bed.

"Not yet, the nurse told me she'll call when she comes back." Tsutomu said as he scooted to the side of the bed. I sat next to him on the bed and propped my feet up as well.

"Where's the nurse anyway?" I said as I looked around. The boys noticed this and answered me.

"She went to the basketball team because someone sprained their ankle and can't walk." Wakatoshi said with a blank expression. I mumbled an 'oh' before I became silent. This is awkward. I tried to look elsewhere but the the silence was killing me. I looked at the boy's team that were seated in front of the bed.

"Can you guys talk? You were talking before I came. I'm sorry, I'm just not used to silence." I told them as I chuckled awkwardly. The rest chuckled as well before the first years continued to chatter amongst themselves.

"We, mostly me, tried not to be nosy but I just can't help but ask." Tendo started, I nod for him to continue what he was saying. "How are you two even siblings? He's a Goshiki and you're an Ishiwaka. It doesn't take a blind person to even see that you two don't look related at all." He said as if it was obvious. It is true. I've inherited the ash gray hair of the Ishiwakas while Tsutomu has raven black hair.

"Welllllll." I started as I looked at Tsutomu, silently asking if I can share this. He just nodded.

"We're half siblings. My mom met his father before Tsutumo was even born. Even before I was born!" I said as I remember the story my mom told me. This got the people in the room curious. With their eyes they urged me to continue with my story. So, I continued.

"My biological dad, he left and broke up with my mom without knowing my mom was pregnant with me. They weren't married, they were just in a relationship. Then my mom met Goshiki's dad when she was pregnant and immediately they fell in love. According to them." I chuckled as I added the last statement.

"Wait so when you were born, Goshiki's dad was already in the picture?" Reon asked me with a bewildered expression.

"Yeahhhh, I actually thought he was my biological dad until they told me he wasn't when I was around 5 years old, I think. I remember being sad because when he (points at Tsutumo) was born I was so happy, because I'll have a brother now. But years after I found out that the uncle that I was always seeing was actually my dad." I told them sadly.

"Uncle?" Wakatoshi asked with slightly furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, uncle. My mom eventually told my biological dad that he had gotten her pregnant and after that he would visit always and help my mom financially with all the expenses that I need. Since he would visit always, he just introduced himself as my uncle." I shrugged. "But I guess, being an uncle to me wasn't enough. So, they told me."