𝙤𝙣𝙚.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1: Mᴇᴇᴛ Hᴀʀᴜᴋᴀ Isʜɪᴡᴀᴋᴀ "

haruka ishiwaka's point of view

Stupid, good-for-nothing best friend. What kind of best friend does not wake you up? What is living in a dorm for when your own roommate/friend, that has the same schedule as you, does not even bother to wake you up? That's my best friend for you guys. Akito Fujiwara, you're dead when I find you.

I once more groan as I walk towards the bathroom of our dorm to wash up and get ready for morning training. I looked at the time to see it was already 5:50 in the morning. I groaned as I think: how on earth am I going to get ready in 10 minutes?

Stupid Aki! Thanks a lot for not waking me up. Training is at 6 in the morning while classes start in 8. That's Shiratorizawa for you. Gruesome training in the morning then classes until the afternoon then another round of intense training. That's the life of a student athlete, and I love it.

I may love playing volleyball but waking up in the morning is really not for me especially when I had to help my brother yesterday to settle in here in the dorms. He's a first year now, and I couldn't be much happier.

Today's my first official day as captain of the volleyball team. Well technically I became captain last year when the senpai retired but you get my point, right? I smiled to myself. Finally! The senpais had already trusted me way back when I was just a first year after we made it to the finals and won it. I wasn't even suppose to be in Shiratorizawa! I was contemplating going to Niiyama since I knew the volleyball team in Shiratorizawa values power and height which I lack the latter. Who would've thought that 170 cm me would get into a team who values height? I've already proven my abilities back in junior high though. I was the ace of the junior high team of Shiratorizawa, I was the one who led our team to nationals.

As I finish putting on my training gear, I quickly wore my outside shoes and grabbed my volleyball shoes along with my training bag and school bag then ran towards the direction of the gym. When I glanced at the time I saw that it was already 6. I ran faster towards the gym. Shit, Coach Toshiro is going to have my head this time. This is my 3rd time being late for morning training now ever since I became captain.

As I arrived in the gym, I saw my teammates warming up. Thank god coach was not here yet. I mumbled a quick 'ohayo' to my teammate as I quickly put on my volleyball shoes while chucking my bags onto the bleachers. I heard a string of replies of: 'Good Morning cap' 'Oh, hi cap!' 'Cap is late again haha.' That last one really wants a scolding huh.

Aghh! My hair is still wet. I hate training with my hair wet. I quickly put it on a high ponytail then went to my vice captain a.k.a my best friend who did not wake me up. I notice her avoiding my glances at her making me scowl at her more.

"Aki, Aki, Aki. Please tell me you have a good reason to not waking me up." I said as I approach my tall friend with my arms crossed. Ahhh to have a height that reaches 180 cm, how envious!

"You look really tired? Plus you were snoring so louuuudly. I doubt you can even hear me." She reasoned out while smiling teasingly as she continued bumping a ball.

"Akiiiiiiii! I was almost late!" I whined and pouted as I jumped at her back making the ball she was bumping go higher than usual which our libero quickly noticed and went to receive the ball. Azumi Miyazaki, our libero, is amazing. Azumi received the ball nicely as we watched the ball bounce towards the corner of the court. She's one of the few who could even receive my attacks and serves! She's also one of my friends since junior high. Me, Aki, and Azumi has been friends since junior high while me and Aki have been friends even before we started school.