Chapter 26: Unpredictability

"Nakamura-kun." Haru greeted with a warm smile.

"Ishiwaka-kun." The Niiyama captain acknowledged the other with a nod and a smile as well.

It was time for the qualifiers once again but this time round it was for the Spring Interhigh, the preliminaries had already come and went and the teams had already been reduced to the best of the best in the prefecture. Both Niiyama and Shiratorizawa had been the prefecture's second and first placers, respectively, in the last Interhigh which meant that both teams didn't have to compete in the preliminaries.

Just like always, both teams had been placed in different blocks which meant that these two teams would only be able to face each other if they were to win the semi finals.

Both captains were by themselves at the entrance of the gymnasium, both girls had their eyes trained on the poster which held the names of different schools and the schools which they were competing with.

"I see that we'll face each other again in the finals." Nakamura mused.

Haru chuckled, "how can you be so sure that we'll be the ones who'll face each other?"

The other girl snorted while also rolling her eyes. "Tell me, Ishiwaka-kun, since when did we not meet each other at the finals?"

"You've got a point there, Nakamura-kun." Haru nodded her head, agreeing. "Well, I hope to see you on the court, I guess." Haru had said as she extended her hand out.

Nakamura replied by shaking Haru's hand firmly. "Definitely." With one last look both of them headed inside the gymnasium in their own respective courts.

Haru was making her way towards the direction of Court B when she saw a commotion happening at the nearby restroom areas. Glancing down at her watch, she noticed she still had a bit of time to kill so she decided to see what the commotion is about. It wasn't problem passing the crowd as the crowd immediately made way for her.

'Oh! It's Ishiwaka!'

'So pretty!'

'I'll bet you that they'll win against Niiyama again.'

'Oi! The game hasn't even started yet!'

Haru rolled her eyes at the bettors. It was useless to bet at this point of the game since there might be a huge chance that both teams won't even get to the finals but of course that was just a what if.

As Haru arrived at the center of the commotion, she was surprised to find her expressionless boyfriend, her ex-boyfriend and his best friend, a Date Tech middle blocker, and a Karasuno middle blocker. Quite an odd center of commotion indeed.

"What's going on here?" Haru had asked as she scanned the faces of the people in front of her. Her eyes stopping at her boyfriend and giving him a quizzical look.

As Wakatoshi muttered "nothing", Oikawa decided to childishly accuse Haru's boyfriend at he same time.

"Haru-chan! Your boyfriend's being mean!" Oikawa whined childishly at which Haru and Iwaizumi rolled their eyes at. Iwaizumi slapped the back of Oikawa's head before grabbing his collar roughly.

"Sorry about him Haru-chan. He's a bit of a handful, you probably know that by now." Iwaizumi apologized as he scratched the back ofhis head sheepishly.

Haru grinned, "Don't worry about it, even when we were just friends he's already been like that." The girl laughed, "well, I wish you the best of luck on your matches." Haru smiled widely before patting the top of Oikawa and Iwaizumi's heads.