Chapter 27: The Last Match

As the ball landed on the opposite side of the court, the girls team of Shiratorizawa knew. They knew that without a doubt that they'll be facing Niiyama on the prefecture finals once again. And for the third years, this will be the last game they'll be having against their fated rival. The last match.

The girl's team of Shiratorizawa had just won their game against Jozenji High's girls team with a final set point of 2-0. Now, they were just spectating the match against Niiyama and the girl's team of Aoba Johsai.

"The match's tomorrow, right?" Aki asked no one in particular with her eyes still trained on the teams that were still on the court. Aki, Haru, and Zumi were seated at the bleachers that was on the second story part of the hall. Aki and Zumi was seated on each side of Haru while their teammates sat on the bleachers in front of them.

"Yep." Haru answered. "The boy's also won, their game's tomorrow as well."

"Who're they playing against?" Zumi asked.

Haru thought for a while before answering, "the last I checked, they might play against Seijoh again or maybe Karasuno. Whoever wins against the semi-finals, I guess."

There was only one match left for the semi-finals in the boys division, it was the match against Aoba Johsai and Karasuno, they were already at the third set and seems like neither of the two teams wanted are going to stop anytime soon. On the other hand, the boy's team of Shiratorizawa had dominated their match with a set point of 2-0 which was expected from a powerhouse school.

On that moment, Coach Toshiro had called on her players to get ready to go home since the bus just arrived.

"I think it'll be Seijoh." Zumi mumbled as she got up to get ready to leave. The girl swung her duffle bag over her shoulder. Aki doing the same thing as well said, "same, I think it'll be Seijoh again."

Aki added, "I went by earlier to see a glimpse of the game. When I got there it was Oikawa's time to serve and boy let me tell you, his serves had gotten better and albeit more powerful too."

"Really?" Zumi asked with genuine surprise on her face. "What exactly that does boy eat?"

"Narcissism." Haru answered jokingly, remembering the fact how narcissistic the boy was. He always took pride of his good looks, as he would like to phrase it.

Aki and Zumi snickered. "Well it's not only him that has a new serve." Aki smile knowingly at Haru. "You gonna use it tomorrow?"

"Maybe." Haru shrugged. "I gonna make an assumption that we might play 5 whole sets tomorrow. The set point might be alternate as well. Either we win the first set then they'll win the second and so forth or vice versa. I'll only play three sets."

"Three sets!?" Aki and Zumi asked in shock, they didn't know that their friend had a plan like this at all. "You two as well."

"Us!?" Aki and Zumi exclaimed in surprise.

"Haru, what's going on? What's with this policy?" Aki questioned the girl who held a steaight face after saying all of that.

"Yeah, what did Coach say?" Zumi added.

"It'a not a policy, Aki, Zumi. I just want to give our juniors a chance to play as well. Prefecture Finals are one of the biggest game in a prefecture. We need to give them experience. It's only here in the prefectures games though since Coach Toshiro said she'll be the one whose in charge for the lineup in the Nationals."

"And as much as possible, I want to give our juniors a chance to shine." Haru stated as she stared at the first years who were happily having a conversation with the second years. "After all, all we third years could give them are advice and experience."