𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13: Aғᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ. "

third person's point of view

"W-wait a minute!" Haru stuttered as an unusual warmth spread through her cheeks. Her face was blushing so hard because of the abrupt confession making Wakatoshi chuckle at the girl's bewildered expression.

"Yo-y-you can't just confess like that!" Haru continued to stuttered as she pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Like what?" Wakatoshi asked in an amused tone.

"All of sudden!" Haru exclaimed, "I don't know what to say, I'm genuinely surprised." Haru said as she looked at Wakatoshi with confusion swimming in her eyes.

"Well, I know you like me as well." Wakatoshi shrugged nonchalantly which made Haru widen her eyes.

"Woah woah stop right there, buddy. Where did you even get that idea?" Haru furrowed her brows at the boy. Haru has tried to conceal her feelings for the boy and she thought she even did well in concealing her feelings.

"Your dad." The boy said as he returned to his seat next to you on the park bench.

"Why that old old man —"

"Do you not like me?" Haru's eyes widened at the boy's words. Haru likes Wakatoshi a lot but she knows how ambitious the boy was about volleyball. He might even be more ambitious than the last guy she dated.

Thoughts like, 'what if he leaves me for volleyball?', were swimming in her head.

"Honestly —" Haru started as she closed her eyes and let the wind blow a cool breeze onto her face before continuing, "I like you. A lot. It's just what if you just up and leave?"

"Why did you even think about such a thing?" Wakatoshi confusedly asked the girl beside him. Haru opened her eyes and sighed.

"My last boyfriend. We drifted apart and just one day we broke up. He admitted that he felt that he was always in my shadow and he hated it. For two years, he didn't say a thing about it. I thought it was fine by him but I guess not." Haru chuckled bitterly,

"Don't get me wrong, I am totally over him, but I'm scared that what if my future relationships turn out like that as well? It's just a scary thought, you know?"

"I get where you're coming from and I don't even know what the future has for us but I am happily willing to know what is there for us. Together." Wakatoshi flashed a sincere smile at the girl beside him.

Haru won't admit it to anyone but that smile made her heart skip a beat. Haru smiled back before grabbing the flower, that he previously picked from the bushels, from his hand.

"It's scary but I know you'll take care of me." Haru smiled widely at the boy. Haru and Wakatoshi just sat there in comfortable silence and enjoyed the cool breeze. Their comfortable silence were disturbed by the loud ringing of Haru's phone. Haru's eyes widened before grabbing the phone from her jacket's pocket.

"Hello —" Haru's greet was cut off by an angry voice.

"Do you have any idea what time is it!?" Aki's loud and annoyed voice came from the phone. Wakatoshi chuckled before looking at the time making him stand up abruptly.

"Um, I actually don't know what time is it." Haru sheepishly told Aki.

"You have five minutes before curfew! Hurry up unless you want to sleep outside!" The line cut off meaning Aki hang up.

"C'mon, we need to hurry." Wakatoshi tugged the Haru's hand, making the girl blush madly, before running towards the direction of the school. Haru just nodded before running as well.