𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣.𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11.5: Lᴇᴛ's Tᴀʟᴋ Aʙᴏᴜᴛ Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs. "

third person's point of view

It was quiet. Too quiet for Hiroshi's liking. Hiroshi was sitting in front of Ushijima as they both sipped tea while waiting for their dinner to be served. Hiroshi invited Ushijima to dinner alone so that he can ask what his intentions was with his daughter but now Hiroshi is having trouble because Ushijima isn't really the talkative type of person unlike his daughter.

Ushijima was obviously avoiding eye contact with the older Ishiwaka. Now that he thought about it, why did he even said yes to having dinner to the older Ishiwaka.

"So, Ushijima. My daughter. Do you like her or are you just one of her fanboys?" Hiroshi asked as he sipped on his tea again.

"I like your daughter." Ushijima said directly while making eye contact with Hiroshi. This caused Hiroshi to choke on his tea. Ushijima gave him a tissue which Hiroshi gladly accepted

"Thank you. For a kid, you're quite straightforward, huh." Hiroshi chuckled while wiping his mouth.

"Oh, is that a bad thing?" Ushijima asked, he had no idea.

"No. I admire it actually. There aren't a lot of boys who are straightforward about their feelings especially in front of the father of the girl they like." Hirosgi smiled.

"I saw you with my daughter at the start of training week actually. When I saw you play, I thought, ah another boy whose just crazy about volleyball. They'll probably love the sport more than my daughter. That's what happened with the last guy she dated." Hiroshi told me while smiling at the thought of his daughter.

Hiroshi truly admires and loves his daughter. Even though he's not by his daughter's side he makes sure that his daughter is open to him, this is why even Hiroshi knows the boys that she dated.

"I didn't know your Haru tells you this kind of stuff." Ushijima said.

"You'll be surprised to what stories she tells me. She tells me everything. You think she tells Aki or Tsutomu everything? I'm the one who knows everything about Haru." Hiroshi smiled. "She probably told you that she thought I was her uncle, right? When she found out that I was her father, we promised each other to tell one another everything. No secrets."

"I can see that you're a good boy Ushijima-san, but how can I make sure that you'll take good care of my daughter? The last boy she dated also promised me the same thing but look what happened." Hiroshi smiled sadly at the thought of his grief-stricken daughter during her previous relationship.

"If I'm being honest, Ishiwaka-san. I haven't been in a relationship before but my mother always told me that I should treat the girl I like the same way I treat and respect my mother." Ushijima said sincerely to the man in front of him. "I can't guarantee you that the relationship I will have with your daughter would be perfect but I'll do anything in my power to make sure she won't be left sad and alone."

"That's all I need to hear." Hiroshi smiled at the boy in front of him who just confessed his feelings. '

For a boy with a stoic face, he sure holds a lot of emotions.' Ishiwaka thought.

Food was placed in front of them and Hiroshi gestured for the boy to start eating.

"Wait did I hear it right? The relationship you will have? Aren't you two dating already?" Hiroshi questioned, confused.

"I haven't actually confessed to her." Ushijima answered, truthfully.

"Then when do you plan on asking her? You do know that she has a lot of fanboys plus I heard from Aki that my daughter has lots of suitors too."