𝙩𝙚𝙣.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10: Aᴄᴀᴅᴇᴍɪᴄ Dᴀʏ! "

haruka ishiwaka's point of view

To those who are wondering why my teacher asked for me during class, my homeroom teacher just wanted to inform me that I'll be participating in the Academic Day.

What is this academic day thing, you ask? It's a day where academic competitions are held like Math Quiz Bees, Science Quiz Bee, and the most awaited General Knowledge Quiz Bee which consists of different subject from math to english to science to history. I've participated in this competitions since I was a first year, and yes I do this on top of volleyball practice.

This may probably be the part of the year where I make Aki and Zumi worried the most. I laughed in my thoughts. I barely eat and sleep during these times. I skip training for a week and end up studying from dismissal up until dawn. The only thing that fuels me up is jelly juices, custard buns, and migraine pills.

Academic Day was a week ago and let me just tell you what happened in that chaotic week. Aki and Zumi were not only the ones most worried about me during this week but now Wakatoshi is added to the list. The stoic male captain? Yes!

Once he found out I always skipped lunch, he would either eat lunch first then bring me food or just guilt-trip me to eat. Either way he makes me eat. It makes my heart warm at that thought because Aki and Zumi will try but Wakatoshi won't take no for an answer. If he can drag me, he probably would. Of course, this doesn't escape the watchful eyes of my teammates.

I shocked myself that I got close with the male captain too. He walks me to my classroom after breakfast, he also tried to make small talk while he keeps me company whenever I study at the library. He even walks me towards the club room during club activities. Technically, I'm the one who talks the most but its fine! At least he responds with a nod or a short reply or if I'm lucky, he would even chuckle!

I could call myself a god if I can make The Ushiwaka laugh out loud. Through things like this I was able to get to know the male captain. The little things he does makes my heart flutter and make me blush a warm red.

I skipped one week of volleyball training to study for Academic day. Coach is already used to this, and also because of the reason that academics will always come first before club activities, that's why they let me skip practice. Also coach always reminds me that 'missing practice won't make you less of a volleyball player but don't make missing practice a habit'.

From class dismissal up to the dawn of the next day I would study which resulted in migraines for me. I take 2 pills before class and 2 pills once again at night. It's unhealthy I know but it helps me get through the day. Aki and Zumi scolded me for this and told me to eat a proper meal before drinking the medicine but I just simply waved them off. This brings us to what happened after my first competition in Academic Day.

I had a total of three competitions that day. The Math Quiz Bee, Science Quiz Bee, and the General Knowledge Quiz Bee. The Math and Science starts in the morning while the General one is the last competition of the day. We don't have classes during these types of programs making non-participant students watch these competitions.

I woke up from my one hour sleep that day and remembered feeling very cold and sweaty as well. I guess a week's worth of unhealthy living finally took a toll on me. When I got up from the bed I ended up falling to the floor with a loud thud due to dizziness which woke up Aki and Zumi.

"Oy! Are you okay?" Aki asked me worriedly as she and a startled Zumi helped me get up from the floor. Zumi placed a hand on my forehead and made a 'tsk' sound.