𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: Lᴇᴛ Tʜᴇ Gᴀᴍᴇs Bᴇɢɪɴ. "

haruka ishiwaka's point of view

We were now inside the club room since class was over and it's now time for training. I looked down at my #4 jersey. It's very rare for a captain to wear a jersey that isn't 1 but this was something that the girl's team has been doing ever since. If a captain is an ace, they have a choice to choose the jersey number 1 or 4 but when the captain chooses 4 then no one will use 1. I heard that a team in Tokyo also does this.

After my angst and nervousness earlier, I even surprised myself that I am much more calmer now than earlier during lunch. Even my teammates noticed my change of mood.

"You're in a surprisingly good mood." Kiaria 'Kia' Akiyama took notice as she glanced at me while putting tape on her fingers. It was true, I was humming to a tune that I heard earlier while I was tying my shoelaces.

"Yeah, Kia's right. So fast too." Kumi Nishida said while shrugging on her kneepads.

"My brother gave me jelly juice." I smiled remembering the tasty jelly juice I drank earlier.

"You mean to say you drank another packet of that artificially-flavored sugary drink?" Aki said while furrowing her eyebrows at me. Oh no.

"Um, I uh-umm I don't want to be rude and say no to him, you know? I'M SORRY AKI! I promise you I'll cut down the sugar!" I pleaded as I hugged her. Me and sugar are no good together. Me being hyper is a pain to others, according to Aki and Zumi

"Let's see where that'll take us." She rolled her eyes while smiling. Phew. Here I thought she's going to scold me.

"Oh! Remember the time she said she'll stop drinking those and had a tantrum after an hour." Zumi laughed while putting her hair in a braid.

"Please don't remind me!" I whined as I finished tying my long ash gray hair tightly in a high ponytail. I looked around the club room to see that it was just us third years here. The first years and second years were at the gym already.

"Oi, guys let's go into the gym now." I said as I glanced at the clock to see it was almost time for training. They grabbed their towels and water jugs before heading out of the club room

third person's point of view

As the girls arrived at the gym, Coach Toshiro and Coach Ito was already there chattering with Coach Washijo and Coach Saito. Noticing that the coaches were here already, Haruka instructed the first years and second years to arrange the net as well as the chairs for our team and the other team. They nodded and went to do their tasks.

"Saito, tell the boys' team to hurry. I want to start this now." Washijo told the other Coach. The other coach nodded and went to get the boys' team from their own gym. Coach Toshiro then gestured Haruka to come to her.

"Good afternoon Toshiro-sensei!" Haruka smiled at the elder coach. "Good afternoon, coaches." Haruka politely bowed to the other coaches which they replied with a mere nod of the head.

"How was your training back in the Japan's national team? You just came back yesterday right?" Coach Toshiro asked curiously. It doesn't show much but the coach is really proud of how far this girl has gotten.

"I actually went back on Saturday then helped my brother move in. Well in training... You know it's just the same every year. It's hard but nothing new." Haruka told her coach. It was the truth. Being in the national team for almost 4 years now had made her used to the intense training. Since she started on her last year of junior high, she made herself get used to the training. She was the youngest player to join the national team back then but now she's one of the irreplaceable players in the team.