𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: Tʜᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇɴᴛ BAM. "

third person's point of view

0-6, Girl's Team.

That was the score right now. The additional 5 points were from Haruka's serves alone. This was getting the boy's team extremely frustrated. Haruka has been targeting Hayato, their libero. Hayato is having difficulty receiving the serves because the ball tends to hit his shoulder even before he can move forward or backward to receive it. Goshiki noticed then that the ace of the other team is aiming at the libero's shoulder.

Goshiki looked at the captain of the other team to see that she was already looking at him. Haruka smirked at the boy before winking at him obnoxiously. This annoyed Goshiki which made Haruka laugh. Goshiki was about to tell his teammates his observation when the referee already whistled signaling another serve from Haruka.

Haruka looked at the ball at her hands before tossing it up high. Haruka broke into a sprint before serving the ball forcefully. Before Yamagata could even move forward to receive it, the ball once again it hit his shoulder forcefully resulting in him falling down. The ball ricocheted from his shoulder and ended up going outside. One more, one more and I can receive it, Hayato thought. This made the libero curse while he was helped by his teammates on getting up.

"That serve has to be stopped." Hayato hissed before glancing at the server of the ball.

"We've already lost so many points with that serve." Reon also added also frustrated that they can't receive the ball. The boy's team doesn't notice it but it was also frustrating Ushijima. How can someone aim that accurately? More so, how can that small woman hit a ball so forcefully and so fast?

Ushijima looked at coach before signaling a timeout. The referee whistled signaling a timeout.

"Goshiki, I want you to receive the ball." Coach Washijo told the first year. The boy's team shared a look of surprise amongst one another before looking at the baffled first year.

"B-but, coach. You know how hard it is to receive the ball right?" Goshiki reasoned out.

"I don't care, if anyone can receive that serve, it's you." Coach Washijo said as he saw how nervous the boy looks. "Okay, get back in there and receive that ball."

*whistle*

The boys went back to the court before nodding to one another. An understanding of their new strategy.

haruka ishiwaka's point of view

Something's different. I can tell. Their coach said something to them during timeout. I looked at my teammates on the court and nodded at them. It was not just a simple nod, but a nod that said 'be wary, something's different' sort of nod.

*whistle*

I looked at the ball at my hands before tossing it high up, then serving it. That felt good. I looked at the ball as it went again to the position of the libero but this time the libero was not there, it was Goshiki, the first year. They switched! My eyes widened at the first year before focusing on the ball again.

The ball was received but it was coming back to our side. Specifically, the ball was going towards me.

"Chance ball!" I shouted before receiving and bumping it towards Aki. Aki tossed it and was spiked down by Sami.

"Nice kill, Sami." I complimented the middle blocker as I patted her head. Thank god. I thought we would lose this point. I glanced at the first year and realization hit me.