𝙩𝙬𝙤.

" Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: Wʜᴀᴛ Dᴏ Yᴏᴜ Wᴀɴᴛ? "

haruka ishiwaka's point of view

Ringgggggg.

Ah, finally the bell rang, signaling that it was lunch time. Everyone stood up and went outside the classroom, chattering with their own friend groups while I took my sweet time.

It sucks that I don't have any teammates at my class. I was in Class 3-5. The class where all the intelligent people are. I don't mean to brag but I think I can consider myself as a smart person. Well considering I'm in this Academy, I should really be studying well. I grabbed my pens and placed them away, the same for my books and notebook. As I was about to stand up my classmate/only friend in class, called me.

"Haru-chan! Fujiwara-san and Miyazaki-san are here!" Akiyo, my classmate, told me from the door of the room.

"Thank you, Akiyo." I smiled at him as I stood up from my desk. I got my wallet from my bag and went outside the room. I also grabbed my uniform's blazer which was hanged on my chair. There across the door of my homeroom was Aki and Zumi.

"Akiiiiii! Zummmmii! I missed you!" I pouted as I tried to hug them. They immediately stretched out their arms in front of them to escape the hug. The two were classmates along with Kiaria Akiyama and Kumi Nishida in class 3-3.

"We missed you too, but you're way too clingy for the first day of class." Zumi said still avoiding my hug. I pouted at them while still trying to hug them.

"Zumi's right! Haru, you're way too hyper this afternoon." Aki noted while letting me hug her, finally.

"Where's Kia and Kumi?" I said as I looked around for my two other third year teammates.

"They're already at the cafeteria. They were starving." Aki informed me as we walked towards the direction of the cafeteria. "Why're you this hyper anyway?" Aki added, already getting exhausted at my hyper-ness.

"I guess it was the jelly drink I drank before class." I told them innocently while we walked towards the staircase to go to the cafeteria. "Wait! I'll just use the bathroom! Don't you dare leave me! Or you'll suffer more with my hyper-ness!" I warned them as I went inside the bathroom to do my business.

third person's point of view

Semi Eita just walked out of his homeroom along with Tendo and Wakatoshi when he saw Aki and Zumi chatting with each other in the hallway near the restrooms. He immediately grabbed Tendo who grabbed Wakatoshi and dragged them towards the girls' volleyball team's setter and libero.

"Akito-san! Azumi-san! Hiiii!" Semi waved at them. The two girls stopped talking and turned towards the speaker and smiled when they noticed it was Semi.

"Oh! Eita-chan!" The libero, Zumi greeted back. "I told you to call me Zumi-"

"And I told you to call me Aki! We've been classmates for almost 3 years now, and you still call us so formally!" Aki whined at them. Semi just chuckled and scratched his head sheepishly.

"Oya! Zumi-chan! Aki-chan! Long time no see!" Tendo greeted them while mock-saluting at them. The two laughed at Tendo while patting him on both sides his shoulder.

"We just saw each other during training last week!" Aki laughed. While Aki, Tendo, and Eita were chattering with one another. Zumi took notice of another person behind Tendo and Eita.

"Oh! Ushi-Wakatoshi. Heyyy!" Miya greeted the individual while smiling and waving awkwardly. The boy just nodded his head in greeting towards Zumi. That was when Aki just noticed the captain of the boys' team who was just plainly staring at them.

"Oh! Wakatoshi-kun! Nice seeing you here." Aki smiled rigidly at the captain.

akito fujiwara's point of view

Me and Ushijima were not close even though we knew each other since junior high but ever since I was announced to be the vice captain, most of the request for joint training comes through me since they don't know who our captain was.

"Akito-san, I was wondering if I can talk to your captain." Wakatoshi asked me, directly.

"Well, you can tell me what you want to say and I can make sure that it reaches our captain." I smiled tensely at him. I didn't mean to put a bit of tension when I told him this but, I was cautious. Now this gathered the attention of Satori, Eita, Miya, and some other students at the hallway. Why the sudden interest at our captain?

It's not everyday you see the volleyball team of boys and girls interact with one another in the hallway after all.

I, most of the time we third years, may not show our affection towards our captain since we always tease her but we are overly protective of her. The reason? It isn't that obvious, since me and the other third years usually talk informally to Haru but Haru was a year younger than the rest of us third years. She's supposed to be a second year now if she hadn't started school earlier.

I've been friends with Haru even before middle school because we were neighbors. Haru is the kind of person who enjoys volleyball so much that she would choose volleyball over a relationship any day! But if you kill Haru's happy-go-lucky mood, that's where we step in. Haru's mood greatly influences the whole team ever since she started playing for Shiratorizawa Academy back in Junior High.

This is why I make sure that my best friend doesn't have to deal with much with being captain. She loves being captain because it gives her more control of the team and the strategies but I know that the littlest of things can change her mood easily.

third person's point of view

"Well I really have something to discuss with her, captain to captain." Wakatoshi said blankly, mindless of the stare that the girl's vice captain was giving him. Zumi also began staring at him in curiosity.

"And I told you, you can just say it to me. The information will get to her." Aki said while still trying to smile despite the annoyance she started to feel. This sparked murmurs from the other students who were watching the exchange from both the volleyball teams which Zumi took notice of and immediately went beside Aki.

"Yeah, you can just tell Aki what you want to say to the captain." Zumi, who was now interfering, also told Wakatoshi, wanting to avoid drama in the hallway.

'Is that Ushijima?'

'Who's the captain anyway?'

'Ushijima, duh.'

'No, I mean the girls.'

'Nobody knows.'

'What?'

Ushijima not wanting to back down since he really was curious as to who the captan was, still pressed on wanting to talk to the captain. He, obviously, not noticing the tension on the hallway

"Sorry, but it's a matter between-" Ushijima started cautiously. Not really wanting to get in a dispute between the girls' volleybal team, especially since it was just the start of the term.

Unknown to Eita, Tendo, Aki, Zumi, and Wakatoshi, but Haru heard all of this exchange and finally made her presence known.

"What do you want with our captain, Wakatoshi-kun." Haruka smiled sweetly at him while she exited the restroom with a pair of twins behind her staring at Ushijima intimidatingly with eyebrows raised.

edited: 05/04/2021