Chapter 23: Lover's Quarrel, anyone?

third person's point of view

It was just after morning training, Haru just finished her shower. Clad in her uniform, she was now walking towards the cafeteria to join everyone for breakfast.

As she walked towards the cafeteria, she started to let her mind wander about the things that had happened over the past weeks.

Training was still gruesome but now they were more focused on individual enhancing training, meaning they're training every individual's serving, setting, blocking, receiving, and attacking capabilities. Especially now that they had three new recruits who were aspiring wing spikers and middle blockers. There was even someone who caught Haru's attention, Haru thought the girl could replace her as ace.

Speaking of middle blockers, Haru was shocked to find out that Hinata was a middle blocker for Karasuno because of his height. When Haru watched a replay of his game, she was even more shocked to know how fast Hinata was. Maybe even faster than her!

Haru shook herself from her thoughts and entered the cafeteria.

Once she got her food she went towards the table where her team as well as the boy's team sat. She scanned over the seats to find that a particle olive-colored haired boy wasn't present. She frowned at this before taking a sit beside her brother.

"Where's your captain?" Haru asked, more like demanded, towards her brother as she took a bite of her apple.

"Still in the gym, I think." Tsutomu muttered as he snatched a piece of ham from her sister's plate as well as drinking a big gulp of her water bottle but her brother stealing her food was the least of her worries.

"Toshi is still training?" Haru frowned as she stabbed a piece of ham from her plate. Tsutomu looked over to see that his sister was now frowning deeply with brows furrowed.

"Oy, don't worry about it he's been like that-" Tsutomu tried to reassure his sister but he was rudely cut off.

"That's the problem, he's been like that since last week. He barely eats, hell, he barely glances at me now, now that I noticed it." Haru said her realization as her frown significantly gotten deeper.

It was true, Haru had noticed that he had been like that last week. She thought long and hard what could've had costed it but she still didn't get it.

"I'm going to go to him-" Haru said as she start to get up. An arm stopped her, she looked at the owner to see it was Aki.

"Leave him be, for a while. Maybe it's just the pressure getting to him, you know?" Aki tried to reassure her best friend but Haru just sighed deeply before further furrowing her brows as she sat down again.

'Toshi, are you alright?' Haru thought as she picked on her food.

———————

It was already lunch time but Wakatoshi never had uttered a word to her and it was driving Haru mad. Wakatoshi didn't end up eating breakfast which meant that he didn't also walked Haru to class in the morning. 'This day is just getting better and better' Haru thought sarcastically.

She was taking her time arranging her belongings seeing that Toshi wasn't by the door like the usual. She sighed deeply again once she noticed that there was nothing left to arrange. She looked up hoping that Toshi might finally be by the door but her hopes went crashing down when she saw that it was just Aki, Zumi, Tendou, and Semi. She frowned but still approached her friends.

"Where's Toshi?" Haru asked the group monotonously. Her group of friends looked warily at one another before Aki finally spoke. "He already went ahead-"