Chapter 48 : I'll Deal With Them...

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

    The sound of a violent explosion woke me from my slumber. My memories of Tomura and Kurogiri—playing out like a movie—quickly faded from the forefront of my thoughts as Tomura shook me to get up. Jumping to my feet as my brain rendered the current situation, Tomura and I ran out of the partially crumbled building.

    Once we were outside, we saw a cloud of ash in the sky, likely from the explosion or whatever had occurred just a moment ago.

"The hero-course students must have made the first move in the end." I thought out loud. "Come on, we should get there before those hero-course brats have all the fun."

    With that, Tomura and I began our journey to the site of the battle. He didn't know it, but I knew that this would be our last moment together. Our last run together.

    I still remembered our first run as if it were yesterday. Tomura had been acquainting me with the alleyways in the whole of the Kyoto Prefecture. We had started with the whole of the Kamino Ward—and Tomura had only planned to show me those alleyways—but soon after learning of my impeccable memory and drive to know more, he began taking me around larger cities—until I was familiar with almost the whole Prefecture.

    It made me sad, thinking about how much Tomura had helped me. He saved me and took me in when I had nowhere to go. He showed me his make-shift family and let me become a part of it when I had no one to call my home. A home isn't a place, it's a people. They became my home.

There's no turning back now.

I'm too close.

    As we ran, I could see lasers and debris being flown and fired every which-way—only confirming that the battle had begun. I began to panic. I can't have Nine defeated before we get there, nor can I let him kill all of the hero-course students before our arrival.

"Tomura!" I called to my right—raising my voice to not be drowned out by the noises of the battlefield. "Get on!"

    He smirked at me—seeing how I was willingly allowing him to use me as a horse of sorts—and laughed as he jumped onto me during our run. I winced at how heavy he was, but nevertheless caught him and continued running. Then, as soon as I was comfortable, I began to activate Ghost.

    Flying through the air as fast as my quirk would allow me—without leaving Tomura in the dust—I could see what was happening with the hero-course students and villains. One of the students was using his quirk to swing rocks around at Nine—who was using his lasers to swiftly destroy said rocks without so much as breaking a sweat.

    Honestly, the boy who had been launching the rocks looked worn out. The rocks weren't small, either. It definitely would have been easier if I hadn't killed Uraraka. Of course, their plan still wouldn't have worked. Nine is completely overpowered from what Kaminari had told me, and even with Uraraka's powers, their plans would have been fruitless.

    If their plan was to barricade an S+ rank villain like Nine under a pile of rocks—loosely taped together with some tape—than they're dumber than I had thought. Actually, in this scenario, that kid they had expelled on the first day of school would have been a good help.

    From what Kaminari had told me about him—and what he had observed about his quirk for the zero-point-two seconds they were classmates—the kid would have definitely been an asset to the success of this outrageously bold plan at restraining Nine. He could have properly secured the rocks—binding them together with his sticky balls—and would have held Nine down longer than the boy they had left in charge of defeating him had.