Chapter 28 : I-Izuku..?

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

"Snow of black in the cold of night. Orbs of red locked behind blind eyes. Seeking that of evil and ill. A known unknown will forward what's due."

"What does that mean?"

    The screams of frightened children filled the air; however, the atmosphere was perfectly clear. It was a beautiful night, and I had nothing of importance to do, so Kota and I decided to pass the time together. We talked about video games, then made fun of the heroes, and then we began talking about poetry.

    Kota had mentioned the ashes in the sky and remarked the beauty it held.

Death is a beautiful thing, after all.

"The ashes kinda remind me of black snow ― and it's cold outside tonight. Snow of black in the cold of night."

    He turned his gaze from the forest, set ablaze with the blue fires of Satan, and stared at me as I explained my poem.

"Anger is often portrayed as red. Orbs — meaning eyes. Angry eyes locked behind those that refuse to acknowledge them. Orbs of red locked behind blind eyes."

    He watched in an awe-filled gaze as I further explained the words I had uttered, softly in the light of the fire and moon.

    That wasn't exactly it, though. I have been pushing my anger down, under the excuse that I wanted to wait for the right time. However, it has been over a year since I had been planning, scheming, waiting — for the perfect time to strike; for the perfect time to reveal myself; for the perfect time to enact my revenge on my so-called family.

    Yet, time and time again, when a chance arises, I falter and utter that same excuse: It's not the right time, yet.

The time has been right, I'm the only one who has not been ready, yet.

    Orbs of red locked behind blind eyes. Anger and vengeance locked behind the chains of doubt and unsureness.

"Seeking that of evil and ill. Exactly how it's spoken. Out for vengeance and chaos."

Finally...

"A known unknown will forward what's due. A familiar—thought to be gone—will pay forward the wrongs and injustices they had been subjected to. Basically, like how when you die — as a ghost — you haunt the people that have wronged you."

"Wow, that's so cool! I want to try!"

    A small smile spread across my face as I watched Kota's eyes brighten in the elegant light of the moon. Although small, it was still present. 

The smile

    He adapted a face of constipation as he tried to think really hard. It was honestly quite adorable.

"I've got it!" His voice cut through the night air, only to be cut off by a ringing on my phone.

"Just a sec..." I spoke ― checking the caller-ID and answering.

"Hey, Kurogiri. What's up?"

"We got him."

_______________

Shoto Todoroki's P.O.V

    My mouth was dry. My eyelids were heavy. My arms felt raw, and my legs were jelly. My nose twitched as I breathed in the most foul-smelling odor I'd ever had the displeasure of breathing in. It smelled like burning flesh and metal.