Chapter 5: I Remember Everything.

Izuku Yagi P.O.V

    I woke up in a dark room. The scent was foreign ― it smelled like a rotting corpse; I'd guess. Scrunching my nose in disgust, I began to rise from what I'd assume to be a bed but felt a spike of pain shoot through my body. Yelping in pain, I shot back to my original position before biting my cheek to stop any more noise from escaping past my lips.

    A few moments later, a figure came rushing through the door ― ushering me to stay down; although, I could hardly keep myself from growing fearful. It was terrifying, waking up in a place I'd never been before, and having someone I'd never met before ushering me to remain calm in a bed I'd never slept in before. This place with no familiarity whatsoever was terrifying. Although I'd never truly felt free or secure at school or in the house I'd lived in, at least then, I had the liberty to move about as I pleased and wasn't confined to a bed. Not that I could even move if I tried.

    After a few minutes, I calmed down and decided to take this opportunity to ask a few of the thousand questions that were currently floating about in my brain.

    "Where am I? What happened? Who are you? Why...?" I began, only to be cut off by the mysterious figure.

    "Slow down, kid, I can't understand you." The mysterious figure started. "Let's start with introductions, my name is Shigaraki Tomura."

    Shigaraki had greasy blue hair and his skin looked as if he hadn't seen the sun in years. Taking in his details, I studied the way his hair draped over of his eyes. I studied the scars he wore along his eye and lip. I studied the agitated and raw manner of his neck ― likely from scratching, alcohol abuse, or eczema. I studied and remembered the foul scent that shrouded his figure. I studied him.

    He wore plain black clothes and didn't look much older than me. Though, the detail that seemed to catch my gaze the most, was his eyes. I could almost smell the sickeningly sweet-smelling, candy-like nitroglycerin. I could almost taste the ash from his explosions ― from when I accidentally left my mouth agape. I could almost see his ash-blond hair and malicious grin forming in front of me. All because of those eyes that bored into my own; all because of the color of his eyes.

    His ruby-red eyes.

_______________

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V

    The more I pictured Izuku's lifeless body, the more I cried. We had been escorted as Izuku's closest friends to the hospital, and no one could get ahold of Mr. and Mrs. Yagi yet; although, I didn't know what I'd say if they were here. I didn't know how I could ever face them again, after what we did — after what I did. Though we all knew he was dead, they were still trying to save him. I suppose they thought there was still something they could do, despite the fact that he had obviously been lying there, on the concrete, alone and in pain, for hours before anyone had found him.

    He was alone he always was.

    Izumi was resting her head on my shoulder, sleeping. She had been taking this situation the hardest, I'd guess. It made sense though. Her brother had just taken his own life because she, Bakugou, and I had tortured him. The rivers that ran from Izumi's eyes were only rivaled by the defeated and guilt-stricken faces Bakugou and I wore; though, I felt more selfish than anything. Selfish in the sense that I was only now starting to give a damn over what happened to him. Izuku suffered through a life of nothing but harassment and pain, and now we were crying for him. It was as the saying went.

    No one cares until you're gone.

    The doctor tending to Izuku came out of the ER, so we woke Izumi up. He explained that they tried everything they could, but no matter what they did, his heart wouldn't start. Of course, we all knew deep down that he would never wake up again but being properly faced with the harsh reality that he was dead was more painful. All I could think of were the what-ifs and nothing more.