7. Homeward Bound

NOTE! I MIGHT PRIVATE THIS BOOK, STARTING WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER AND DEPENDING ON THE FEEDBACK ON THIS CHAPTER!
I haven't got the feedback I wanted for my other chapter so I'm sad :( But still, I wanted to do something in celebration of my idol's 23rd birthday! :) I know it isn't filled with much but that's the way it's supposed to be :) The next chapter is someone elses' POV ! Something to look forward to? ;) 

Picture at the side: James III, Juliet's brother!
Video at the side: Come back...Be Here by Taylor Swift. So sad, so perfect for this chapter.
Dedication goes to:  iALR30

P.S. I haven't proofread or edited so please point mistakes if you can! :) 
 Copyright Protected Hilda Therese [FallenInfinityBooks] 2012   ©

Vote, Fan, Comment. x
_______________________

7.       Homeward Bound

♚ Juliet’s POV ♚

We rounded off the final corner, the mud splashing over the side of the black Mercedes, the rain still and as always calmly dripping on the windows. The sky was a soft shade of grey with patches of blue—it was teasing, as always, pretending that the sun would come out but never would it actually. Does that make sense? No. I didn’t think so either. Now we’d landed in Berkshire. Home.

It was a dull welcome, the car—the twenty or so black and white suited men who, on every corner guarded the jet and the bomb-proof Mercedes. It was impolite of me to not even acknowledge the ‘Welcome back, your highness’ or ‘Glad to have you back, Princess’ but I couldn’t care less. Maybe it was the fact that I had been ‘Americanalized’ or maybe it was the fact that at that moment…I felt…dull.

Let’s put it this way: if there were a million red balloons floating in the sky with a single black one hidden in it, I would be that single black balloon. I’d be a balloon—one in the same as the others but I’d be a different color. Understand the analogy? I was here—home, a place I knew like the back of my hand but I felt so out of place and alone.

Maybe I’d feel different.

We entered from the south entrance—the furthest and the one that led away from the visitors’ entrance. A part of the castle would always be open but not today. The princess was coming home. Still, we took the south entrance—the place where I’d always enter—and parked inside. Once it was at a halt my grandmother had finally broken the silence.

“Will you be this way now, Juliet?” she asks sadly.

I shrugged, not even looking towards her. I knew she was both disappointed and upset that I’d been so…rotten. Well, I was acting like a brat. “Give me time.” I pleaded. “I need…time.”

“We don’t have time.” she sighed. “You’ve only got so far left before it’s all yours.”

I smiled fakely. “You know how much I’ll give up and do for this, grandmother. Time is something we have and you know it.”

Opening the door, I met the cold, winter air—the smell of rain mixed in with the oils from the ground immediately hit my nostrils—immediately welcoming me back home. I walked towards the entrance and without anyone telling me where to go and what to do, I found the large double doors of my room in Windsor Castle.

It was completely as I’d left it except it smelled…dull. Of course you could smell the lavender—the scent I preferred my room to stay. My lilac sheets and about a dozen pillows were neatly stacked at the top of the four posted bed. The windows were all closed except the drapes were left open, allowing me to see the greenery that surrounded the castle.