23. What Remains Unseen

Wahhh! TWO CHAPTERS LEFT! Omfg. This is insane. GAWDS. 
Plus, hot damn--isn't this long?! haha! I LOVED all your comments guys and wanted to repay all the comments/feedback with a chapter. I know...lol, it's only been two days and who knows! If I get the same feedback, I might upload faster again lol! 

Anyway, please comment what you think! VOTE what you wish and Fan if you like me like I like you! 

Oh and guys, I'm reading this book, it's called The Fault In Our Stars...dont know if you've heard of it, you probably have! :) Its so amazing. It's the 10th time I've read it lol. Damn John Green! I lurve you. Lol. What are you currently reading THAT ISN'T on Wattpad ? :) 

LAST THING! THE SEQUEL IS NOW POSTED SO YOU CAN HAVE A LITTLE VIEW ON WHAT IT IS ABOUT! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT THERE TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT! IT WOULD BE AWESOME! THE SEQUEL IS TITLED: MY ROYAL AFFAIR ! 

____________________________________

24. What Remains Unseen
~Romeo~

My hands cupped her left hand, unconsciously rubbing circles onto  her skin. It calmed me, being this close to her. Especially now—eyes closed, breathing ragged and chest rising so slowly that, if you didn’t pay attention, you’d think she died.

And she very nearly did.

When the gunshot echoed through the little cell we were stuck in I’d let go of the guy who towered over the both of us. I couldn’t think of his name but I knew who he was…he was in parliament one day, arguing about how Royalty should have less of a play on how politics was handled. It was when I realized who he was that I knew I had to protect Juliet.

So, still disoriented, I jumped him. It was a one shot kind of thing and her life was basically in my hands…I knew that I had to protect her at all costs. She was more precious than I was…she’d given up more than I had.

“Come on, Juliet.” I taunted, “Wake up or I’ll marry your cousin.”

She didn’t even wince.

It had barely been three days but I had spent every waking moment sitting by her. They put her under sleeping meds because they thought it would be better for her body to rest. Since she got released from surgery, the bullet being taken out of her stomach, she was brought home, in her room that had now turned into some kind of make-shift hospital area. She was good to go, not dying anytime soon, so as soon as she had the all clear her grandmother had ordered for the Princess to be confined in Buckingham Palace.

No visitors had been allowed in the past two days since the first day, she was still in the hospital. The surgery was minor and thankfully, none of her vital organs had been hit. The only problem was that she’d needed a blood transfusion since she lost nearly two liters of blood.

Knocks broke me from my thoughts and I looked up to meet Juliet’s brother, James, who checked on her every moment or so.

This kid was the one she had been protecting. She knew she could have stepped down…but he would have had to take over. And he was barely matured.

She was protecting him from responsibility, from having the weight of the world on his shoulders. She was strong like that. And selfless, no matter how it looked. James sat by her king-sized bed. Something I never did…our relationship was strictly off limits and god knows what would happen if someone found out.

I loved—love, Princess Victoria. Juliet Princeton. I love her.

“Anything changed?” He said, nodding over to the heart monitor.