24 ⋆ Skirt

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV 

Tuesday

Jungkook's mom sat me down in the chair and turned it so I could stare at her rather than the mirror behind me.

"Now, traditionally, the oracle paints your markings. So I invited Yoongi over and he's going to do a few designs on you and you're going to choose the one you like best."

I swallowed, nerves flowing through my veins at this decision. "What if I don't like any?"

She frowned and lightly slapped the back of my head. I hissed and rubbed it as Yoongi walked into the room with a smile.

"There he is. Nervous?" He asked, walking forward.

I shook my head, but inside I felt as though my heart was going to burst through my chest. "No. But this feels like getting ready for a wedding." I grumbled, trying to cover it up.

Yoongi laughed, "Well, this is our version of a wedding. Humans do weddings, we do mating ceremonies." 

I just glared at him and mumbled, "Smartass."

"Watch it," Yoongi said with a gummy smile, setting down a giant mason jar full of white paint. I widened my eyes and swallowed, somehow managing to get even more nervous.

"Take off your shirt," Yoongi said in a bored tone as if he'd done this too many times.

"It seems like you've done this before," I commented as I took the shirt off, blushing as I usually only took it off with Jungkook. 

"Yeah, try thirty-three times."

I stared at him, confused. "How? It looks like you're only old enough to have done Jungkook mom's." I said with furrowed eyebrows.

Yoongi glanced at Jungkook's mom who looked back at him with eyes that said something along the lines of he doesn't know?

"Jungkook never told you, did he?" She asked softly.

"Tell me what?" I asked nervously, looking between them.

"Jimin, I just celebrated my 247th birthday," Yoongi said. 

I stared at him, then looked at Jungkook's mother.

"523rd." She commented.

"How old do you guys..." I trailed off, in shock.

"Oracles pass around 900 years, Luna's and Alpha's pass around 800 years, and everyone else passes between 600 to 700 years. I've seen many of these ceremonies and carried them out."

I swallowed as my eyes drifted to the floor, trying to work the math in my mind.

"How old is...?" 

Jungkook's mom laughed. "Relax. He really is twenty-two. He's still considered a newborn in our world. You aren't even a teen really until you reach 100." She explained.

I slowly looked down as my heart slowed, thinking about it as Yoongi opened the jar slowly. I was going to die way before he did. I was going to be old and withered and dying while he still was young and alive.

Yoongi and Jungkook's mom seemed to realize what they had done. 

"He'll still love you when you're old, Jimin," Yoongi whispered, setting down the jar to look at me.

I blinked at the floor and nodded.

"Really, he will. Werewolves have fallen for humans many times. It happens. He'll always love you. Now, let's start working on some designs." Yoongi said, quickly moving on from the topic.