44 ⋆ Wolf

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV 
A few days after

"Okay, breathe in." Jungkook said as he snaked a hand around my bare chest, the other placed gently on my upper back under my neck. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, letting it out slowly moments after.

"Imagine changing, shifting, moving your bones to a different shape. Focus on the transformation. Envision yourself in a different form and when you feel the moment of pressure, take it in and push."  

He pulled away from me and shifted into his giant black wolf as I continued to search through the darkness of my closed eyes, focusing on the feeling deep within me of shifting.

Something inside started building, building, building until I could feel my skin itch and my bones ache. I gasped as my body seemed to push forward, everything morphing and breaking instantly until I was something else entirely.  

I collapsed onto the forest floor, wobbling to get up as my eyes looked down at staggering white paws below me. I moved back, frightened and unable to speak. I could only whine as I tried to push away from the paws underneath me, startled and confused.

Jungkook quickly rushed over, nuzzling his giant wolf head into my side to settle me down. I looked up at him, his warm eyes, large and worried, staring back at me. 

Are you okay? We don't have to continue this, his voice rang through my head. I shook my head and took a tentative step forward, testing my balance and strength.

I had never experienced this before. I had never felt the world this way or seen or heard or tasted this way.

Everything was new and scary and sensitive. I looked around, walking forward to inspect the forest which looked so different from the eyes of a wolf.  

The sound of insects and birds filled my ears, echoing loudly when usually I would have never heard them. The branches and earth below me crunched and moved with every hearty step of a paw and the world around me looked refined, detailed, and intense.

I looked over my shoulder at Jungkook who stayed close behind me, letting me walk it out. The sound of rushing water filled my ears, beckoning me to go to it. 

Quietly and slowly, I continued to stagger forward, still figuring out how things felt and moved. A small stream and pool of water came into view.

The clear liquid flowed over smoothed stones into the deep pool which was surrounded by blooming moon lilies and green grass as spring grew closer and closer every day.

Nervously, I padded towards the water and peered cautiously over the brim, taking the first look of myself in skin that wasn't human. 

Golden eyes and a mess of white fur stared back, startling me. It's beautiful, and ethereal. The white fur flowing freely in the air, its golden eyes sparkled.

This wasn't the me I knew at all. My heart raced and I began to panic at the sight as I flung myself backwards, somehow managed to shift back to my human form in the process.

I scrambled backwards on my knees and bottom, desperately trying to escape the reflection of something that was not human, and not me.

Jungkook shifted back too in human form and rushed to my side, helping me up into his arms. "This was a bad idea. Come on, let's go back home." He encouraged me as he held me in his arms for a while.

I shook my head and broke away from his arms, cautiously approaching the water again. Jungkook could only watch as I slowly sunk to my knees and looked back at the water, hoping to see something that was different from what had just reflected back to me.