8 ⋆ Asleep

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

I knocked on the door late at night, concerned as he hadn't had anything to eat all day.

"Jungkook?" I asked softly. I gently pushed open the door, Jungkook walking by in a towel and his skin still wet from taking a shower.

"Hey." I whispered, making him turn and look at me. "You haven't eaten all day, I made you something."

I handed him a bowl of carbonara, an old recipe my mother had passed onto me. He took it carefully and nodded his thanks to me, turning back to the bathroom.

"Jungkook?" I asked, pushing further into the room.

"Yes, Jimin?" He said, sighing. My cheeks burned red as I realized I was being a burden right now.

"Never mind, goodnight." I whispered, turning to leave the room. Jungkook's strong arm reached out of nowhere and grabbed my arm, pulling me back into his chest as his lips crashed down against mine. I stumbled back with wide eyes but didn't move away as he continued to work his lips against mine.

I closed my eyes and snaked my hands into his hair, pulling him closer. Let the bond lead. He placed his hands on my hips, pulling me even closer as we kissed passionately. He pulled away, looking down at me with the softest eyes I had ever seen. He placed his forehead against mine, closing his eyes and enjoying the moment.

"You're the true Luna now, and I'm the true Alpha." Jungkook whispered. I nodded and reached up, kissing his forehead.

"I know." I said. He opened his eyes and looked at me, sighing. Jungkook pulled away and turned back to the carbonara, grabbing it and taking it to the couch.

"Do you mind if I take a shower?" I asked.

Jungkook shook his head and turned on the television, eating the carbonara I made.

I smiled and turned to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. The person staring back at me in the mirror looked so different. I reached up and took the crystal off of my forehead, sighing and looking at it in my hand. I placed it on the counter and turned on the shower, stripping down from all of my clothes.

I climbed under the hot water and sighed in content. It seemed as if the only thing still normal here was the shower. I didn't stay in it for very long, just long enough to clean everything and still have some time to think. When I walked out of the shower, I realized there were no more towels.

"You're kidding me." I whispered.

Carefully, I opened the door and spotted Jungkook still watching the television.

"Kookie?" I asked from behind the door.

"Yea?" He replied.

"There's no more towels."

He rose from the couch and left the room, an indication he was going to go get one. Soon enough, he returned and stuck his arm through the door holding the towel. I blushed and grabbed it, thanking him. I dried out my hair and wrapped the towel around my waist, entering the room.

Jungkook turned and looked at me as I walked into the closet and closed the door, his stare making me blush. I put on one of the bigger sweaters I had packed and some boxers, walking back out into the room. Jungkook had changed at some point too I noted.

Cautiously, I got onto the couch and stared at the television, both of us a foot or two apart. I wasn't sure what came over me, but I suddenly scooted over and rested my head on his chest, wrapping an arm and draping a leg around him. He placed his arm behind me, both of us laying there in silence.

I stayed up, waiting for him to fall asleep, Yoongi's words running through my head.

He fell asleep rather quickly, allowing me to sit back and enjoy the view. I sat up next to him, criss-cross, and stared at his face. He looked so cute and gentle, more like a bunny rather than a wolf, and my heart melted a little.

I reached out and lightly tucked a strand of hair behind his ear. The first smile I had ever seen from him stretched across his face at the action. If possible, my heart fluttered even more at the sight.

"I can grow to love you. I know I can. But I'm going to need to see a lot more of this if I have to be stuck with a whole lot of that." I whispered to him, talking about his soft side versus his cold side.

"I used to have a boyfriend." I signed, "About a year ago, now, I think. He was nice. We were happy together, and then he just dropped me like a sack of bricks in a river. I wasn't sure why, and I didn't ask. I was sad for a long time. I loved him a lot. It's been hard for me to try and find someone since. I'm really trying with this. I'm trying to get used to all of this."

"I'm trying to love you. I'm trying to adjust to this world. I'm trying to grow. It's hard. So please, if you're even retaining one thing while you're sleeping, retain this; show this side more. Please." I stopped talking, realizing I was having a conversation with someone who wasn't even conscious, let alone in the right mind right now to be soft.

His father had just died. With that thought, I slowly laid back down and rested my head on his chest, snuggling into him.

"I'm sorry you've lost your father, Jungkook. I really am. But you're not alone. Not anymore, and you never will be. I'm here for you." I kissed his chest and closed my eyes, burying my head just a little closer to him before falling asleep.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

When I woke up, Jungkook was gone. He had managed to disappear without waking me, which surprised me a little bit. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, getting out of the couch. I padded over to the window, my eyes widening at the sight of people walking back and forth, carrying chairs, tables, and large branches.

I quickly walked outside, spotting Jungkook who was talking to his Beta. I slowly walked behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind and looking at Jackson who frowned at me.

"Luna." He said gruffly. I smiled, Jungkook continuing to talk to him.

"Tonight at 10, make sure everyone's there. Make sure everyone stays on track." Jackson nodded and bowed his head a little before turning away and following the trail of people leading down the gravel pathway.

Jungkook turned and looked at me with his usual cold face and black eyes.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking at everything.

"We're having the passing ceremony tonight. A celebration of my father's life." Jungkook turned and looked over his shoulder, making sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing. "You'll need to wear the crown." He said, looking back at me.

I nodded and pulled away from him, walking back to the house. He followed closely behind.

"It's nice that you celebrate rather than mourn." I said softly. Jungkook just nodded and sat at the kitchen counter as I started to make some breakfast.

"I heard everything you said last night." He blurted. I froze for a second but continued to work.

"Oh?" I asked nervously.

"I'll try too." He said, making me look over my shoulder at him.

Although it looked pained, Jungkook smiled. I grinned at the action and nodded. "Okay."

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───