25 ⋆ Details

─── ・。•̩̩͙˚。✧: *.☽ .* :✧•̩̩͙・゚。───

Jimin's POV

Wednesday

I wasn't able to sleep after the dream. My mind ran the image of his smile and his eyes through my thoughts every time I closed my eyes, leaving me restless.

Finally, I got out of bed and looked around before pulling up a chair to the window. It was still somewhat dark, but I was able to make out the hazy silhouette of Jungkook's cabin.

He must be freezing and alone in there, I thought.

I stood multiple times, pacing, wondering if he was thinking about me too. What if he was just relaxing and I was the only one stressing?

I probably was stressing for no reason, considering he had been raised with these traditions and I hadn't. I groaned at the thought and fell back into bed, laying there for hours with an empty mind until the sun slowly glowed into my room and the sound of Jungkook's mom knocking on my door sounded.

Her words from Monday rang through my head, "Wednesday, you're going to learn where to go during the ceremony, what to do, what to say, that kind of thing."

I slowly got out of bed after contemplating whether or not to answer and padded over to the door, opening it up and meeting her smiling face.

"Ready for today? Get dressed, we'll eat breakfast while we walk."

I nodded wordlessly, the exhaustion from barely any sleep starting to kick in, and turned to my closet, pulling on some jeans and a long-sleeved shirt, managing to tug a winter coat on overtop.

I met Jungkook's mom downstairs who shoved a rather large bagel in my hand and began to walk outside.

"So first things first, the ceremony starts off in the moon circle, the place you first met us during the choosing ceremony." She clarified, looking over her shoulder as she walked.

I nodded and hurried after her as we walked towards the clearing, people already decorating it with white lanterns and other white decorations- a common theme here.

A group of girls was waiting for us with wide eyes, smiling at our arrival.

"Jimin, these are going to be your partners."

"Partners?" I asked, eyeing them over.

Jungkook's mom nodded, "The whole idea of the mating ceremony is to ensure you're the true mate to the Alpha. Part of that includes decoys. They'll more or less share the same scent as you and then make different trails in the forest during the ceremony and the Alpha will have to find yours."

I bit my lip and nodded slowly, wrapping my mind around the concept.

"So, these are your partners." I watched as Jungkook's mom talked to them, pointing out which path each one of them would be taking before turning to me while I waited silently. "Now... Jimin. I need you to think long and hard. Is there anywhere special you and Jungkook ever shared together?"

I shifted on my feet and thought deeply. There was the cliff we shared, the pond he had taken me to, and our date night clearing.

"I know of a place, yes." I finally decided after considering the options.

"Perfect. Then you'll go there. Now, here's how the ceremony happens. Because my husband has passed, I'll be conducting the speech. I'll be on a throne over here," she pointed to a golden colored throne in the middle of the clearing, "You'll be on your knees before me, the other girls on either side. I'll give my speech, place the headdress on your head, then send you loose."