Ch.62 Aizen's Flawless Plan

En başından başla

"I got a plan. Zabimaru's broken form has another use to it. I'm going to fight. And I'm sure you know that it's impossible to just run from here."

"..."

"I'm not saying we have to beat them, but unless we immobilize them somehow... They'll just drag us back here without breaking a sweat."

"...Fine then. I'm sure with our power combine, we can take them."

"Right

"Right." Renji holds up his broken sword.

Rukia and I stay behind them so we're not in the way.

"I can only use this technique once. But if this hits, it will definitely create an opening. The opening may only last for a split second. You'll have to move fast."

"Got it."

Renji slams his zanpakuto into the ground.

"Let's go, Zabimaru! Higa Zekko!"

The pieces of Zabimaru scattered all around began to glow a bright red. Shooting up towards the sky, they come crashing down on Aizen. The moment they hit, Ichigo uses his incredible speed to attack.

"!"

Once the dust cleared, I couldn't believe my eyes. By just using his finger, Aizen stopped Ichigo's blade. With my brother distracted, Aizen uses his sword to almost cut Ichigo right in half.

 With my brother distracted, Aizen uses his sword to almost cut Ichigo right in half

Aizen still kept his scary smile as he watches Ichigo fall.

"Oh my. I meant to completely cut you in half. Oh well, I'll put more power behind it next time."

My...brother...

I fall to my knees.

"I-Ichi...go?"

Aizen vanishes to only appear behind Renji, injuring him in the process. Approaching us, Rukia drops to her knees as well.

Dammit... I can't move... His spiritual pressure...is too much. Come on, Emiko! Move!

"Now. Get up, Rukia."

Ignoring me, Aizen reaches down, grabs Rukia by that collar around her neck, and forces her to her feet.

"Ah, I see. Your whole body became limp because of my spiritual pressure. But that's okay."

"Hah...hah..."

Heavy breathing catching his attention. Looking towards Ichigo, he manages to pick his head up and glare.

 Looking towards Ichigo, he manages to pick his head up and glare

"How pitiful, you're still conscious. You must really hate the fact that your strength doesn't match the level of your vitality. Though it would be best to stop that recklessness.

Right now your spine is the only thing holding your body together. No matter how hard you try, there's no way to stand up without destroying your body. It's not a matter of spirit. It's physically impossible.

Look on the bright side, you've been very helpful already. So now, just lay there quietly until you pass on. Your mission is over."

"...Mission...?"

"Yes. All along, I knew you would come, and I knew the point of entry. I knew you would appear in the western Rukongai. Therefore, I dispatched regular patrols in the vicinity, so that the Seireitei's walls would be lowered immediately after you arrived.

Then I sent squads three and nine, along with Gin, to keep you out. If you thought that there was a captain patrolling on the other side of the door, the only perceivable method of entry would be through Kukaku Shiba's cannon.

That would result in a dramatic entrance of invaders who survived a fight against a captain. Therefore, all soul reapers would inevitably focus their full attention on you.

The actual invasion was truly phenomenal. Even better when Nagi and this girl came to the Seireitei as well. Thanks to you, even when a captain was murdered, it didn't seem like that big of a deal in comparison.

It was really easy to make our moves."

"Wait...how..."

"Did you know? That we would land in the western Rukongai?" Aizen finishes Ichigo's thoughts. "That's an odd question. Was there any other possibility? Kisuke Urahara's base of operation was in the western Rukongai. So the only place his gate could take you was there."

"What...!?"

"Why are you making that face? Aren't you his subordinate? Didn't you come here to take back Rukia Kuchiki because Kisuke Urahara ordered you too?"

What? What is he on about?

"...What the...hell...?"

"I see. So you don't know anything... That's fine. Since it's all over, I will tell you about it."