Chapter 43.5 : Shakey Start

Nishikata was standing in front of her house waiting for her

Nishikata : ( I knew I said i could pick her up but damn I'm getting nervous just standing here) ( he kept tugging on his jacket which was just a tad bit too big for him)

As he was standing there the gravity of the situation dawned upon him… 

Nishikata : ( he had grown both in intelligence and as a person over the last 3 years but he realised just how difficult it'd gonna be when he has to finally confess) ( I can do this) 

As he kept reassuring himself takagi stepped out of the house 

Takagi : good evening yuki! 

Nishikata : ( he snapped out of his thoughts) oh yeah, good morning… Uh… sorry good evening…. 

Takagi : nervous?

Nishikata : I have no clue… ( he looked at her and noticed.. She was looking extra beautiful today and he couldn't help but stare at her) 

Takagi : ( she twirled around for a bit and interlocked her hand with his) how do I look? 

Nishikata : ( damn.. Right when I was thinking about that… well i can't really read her mind when I'm so nervous… On the contrary it's possible that she can read like an open book) I… Uh….dont know what to say… You look nice I guess… 

Takagi : ( she made a pouting annoyed face) I was expecting some more but ok… II ttook extra time to dress up nicely too…. 

Nishikata : ( he fumbled around) NO ITS NOT LIKE THAT!! ( God I don't wanna upset her so early… What a start…) ( this line is cheesier than the cheesiest cheese out there but I don't really have anything else to say) If I start the compliments we're gonna be stuck here till morning… 

Takagi : ( she chuckled) that's so not like you, how nervous are you? 

Nishikata : enough to not want to continue this conversation lets go 

Takagi : ( she wasn't even hiding her blush) Im so excited… 

Nishikata : you're not even trying to hide your blush.. 

Takagi : ( I've been doing this ever since we met but..) this time its an exception… 

Nishikata : ( God damn… She is excited its increasing the pressure on me… What if something went wrong….) hmm…. (they both started walking) 

They both walked to the train station and as nishikata had already purchased a ticket they went straight to the platform and waited for the train 

Takagi : ( he was holding her hand and so she could feel his hand which was sweating) calm down yuki… 

Nishikata : I'm trying… 

Takagi : ( she held his hand tightly) 

Nishikata : ( she was helping but the pressure and his nerves was getting to him) 

They got into the train and Sat on their seats 

Nishikata : we'll reach there by night today and then we can attend the concert tomorrow, there isn't really anything to do while getting there 

Takagi : let's eat, I brought something good ( she showed off her lunch boxes) 

Nishikata : oh my God…. Give me now… 

Takagi : sure (she opened the box and put it front of him) eat up 

Nishikata gulped down all the food very quickly and was full by the end of it 

Nishikata : I love your food.. 

Takagi : why thank you ( she said proudly) 

Nishikata : now we just need to wait…. ( He was still talking when the the train entered a tunnel) 

She didn't know what was happening but she was enjoying it, nishikata was hugging her very tightly

Takagi : ( she peeked over and saw something she never expected) ( nishikata's eyes were filled with terror..) what's wrong

As the train came out of the tunnel be swiftly let go 

Nishikata : ….. 

Takagi : what was that?! Why were so… scared? 

Nishikata : well….. The last time I went in a train tunnel it trapped me for a week and crushed my legs…. II hhave some PTSD…. 

Takagi : aww…. Poor boy… 

Nishikata : don't tease me!!

Takagi : I'm not… ( she pulled him closer) .. I'm just comforting you… ( she could see out of the corner of her eye… Another tunnel was approaching…) 

Nishikata : ( when the train was in the tunnel and everything went dark he once hugged her tight) 

Takagi : ( she gave him a little peck on the cheek to calm him down) don't be scared… 

Nishikata : ( the kiss on the cheek had frozen him for a second) Im sorry… 

Takagi : you don't need to say sorry for that… 

Nishikata : ( he got away from her and pulled out his Nintendo DS from his bag) I'll just Continue my nuzzlocke till we get there you can sleep if you want….

Takagi : ( she hugged his hand and placed her head on his shoulder) ( I kinda wanted to talk some more but I guess I'll just sleep) if theres another tunnel I'm open for hugs.. 

Nishikata : ( he blushed didn't dmsay anything and when back to his game) 

Through out the game takagi would randomly wake up and watch him play and seeing his pregress and then going back to sleep, she received 5 more hugs before they reached the station