Chapter 32 : Chaos

Nishikata slowly open his eyes.... It was dark and cold.... He couldn't see anything for a few moments until his eyes adjusted to the dark...

Nishikata : where..... Am... I.... ( as the view became clearer.... He saw it.... He was in train seat...) what? ( he tried to move but there was something on him that didn't allow him to move..)

Nishikata let out a gasp as he noticed... Shuichi... Collapsed onto him. Bleeding..

Nishikata : ( he slowly and painfully got up from his seat and analysed the situation)

Everything was dark and he couldn't see anything... But he soon saw that there were people... Collapse in their seats.... Injured.......it seemed that nishikata and takagi who was sitting beside him were the only ones unharmed...

Nishikata : ( then after looking at everything for 3 seconds he remembered everything) ( the..... Train... Tunnel.... Landslide.... Shuichi protected both of us.... I need to do something quick)

He got a bottle of water from his bag and sprayed some on takagi

Takagi : ( she groggily woke up ) ugh... Nishikata?

Nishikata : wake up

Takagi : ( she tried to get up and as her eyes adjusted to the dark... She saw shuichi bleeding onto the floor and let out a loud scream)

Nishikata : ( he helped her up) stop screaming and take a look at him ....

Takagi : ok... ( she pondered over to shuichi and checked him) he is still breathing....

Nishikata : ( his mind was going crazy but he knew he needed to stay calm) good... You take care of him... Ill explore a bit...

Takagi : ( she knew a bit of first aid) (she sprinkled some water onto shuichi's face)

Shuichi : ugh..... What... Where...

Takagi : ... A wound on the head and a dislocated shoulder.....( she considered her options) This will hurt a bit.... ( she snapped the shoulder back into the socket...)

Shuichi : AHH!! WHAT ARE YOU -

Takagi : stay calm...

Meanwhile

Nishikata : ( he pryed opened the gate of the train and looked out side... They appeared to be inside of a dark tunnel... With no hints of lights anywhere... He used his phone torch to see and... ) holy hell...

The train had completely stopped inside the tunnel which appeared to be around 200 meters long underneath the mountains and both sides where sealed off by rubble....

Nishikata : ( I should head back in...) Takagi-san, how's shuichi looking?

Takagi : ( she was covering shuichi's arm in a bandage cloth wrap) he just needs to rest his hands for a while, no lifting heavy stuff etc.

Shuichi : ( he groaned in pain) are you two alright?

Nishikata : yeah we are.... You jumped in front to protect us....

Shuichi : I see....

Nishikata : where did you get the bandage Takagi-san?

Takagi : I always carry some first aid / medicine on me while travelling...

Nishikata : woah... You take care of him... I'll see if any others are awake...

Nishikata walked around their compartment to see everyone was just unconscious, he woke them up and they all gathered outside.... Tanabe sensei was injured so nishikata took a head count...