Chapter 24 : Close Calls

Nishikata was counting the money he had received for working for a week at the music hall

Nishikata : this isn't much much but if I save some every week I'll have enough till middle of February ( I still have to keep some aside for presents) it's almost Christmas isn't it.... ( he said that and immediately started packing his soundboard)

A/N :A sound board is a super compact, music system, which is mostly used alongside bands, as supporting background music and can also be used by itself.

Nishikata : I never knew this would get me a job... ( shuichi used to play for his high school band, back then we hadn't hired Sasha yet and he couldn't just leave me alone, so I tagged along to his music lessons and thats how I know how to play guitar and sound board)

After eating his breakfast he took his bag and left for his part time job as a back stage music assist at the music hall, this hall was used for many things from piano recitals to high school band competitions..... This place didn't really attract much attention because only patrons and artists mad their way to the music hall, the occasional people holding piano recitals and violin competitions were handled by management... This was a low profile part time job which was only on weekends so it was perfect for raising the moderate amount of money required to carry out nishikata's plan

Nishikata : ( lunging his backpack and walking towards the music hall) ( I need to look to make sure I don't bump into someone I know..... Knowing my luck I'll bump into takagi in 4....3....2...1..0)

Takagi : ( as if on cue) hey nishikata!

Nishikata : ( I fricking called it) (he sighed) hey takagi. Bye takagi. ( he tried to walk away)

Takagi : ( tugged on his sleeve) hey, where do are you going? ( she asked sweetly with a hint of annoyance) ( he doesn't even stop to talk to me?!)

Nishikata : uh.... I have somewhere to be..... Bye! ( he tried to run again but takagi's grip was surprisingly strong)

Takagi : where's that somewhere? (still keeping her composure but now her annoyance was visible)

Nishikata : uh.....( oh crap I can't lie to her but I need to leave.... She won't let me) (an idea struck his head) I will tell you if you win this game ( shuichi taught me some tricks in deception)

Takagi : a game? Sure. You can't win against me ( she said proudly)

Nishikata : I know someone who can ( a sly grin appeared on his face)

Takagi : ( oh crap.... Damn shuichi-san) ( he confidence wavered a bit, but she wasn't ready to back off just yet) I will still win..

Nishikata : ( we'll see about that) it's a game of Acchi muite hoi.... ( it's a game in which if you look in the direction where the opponent points in you lose)

Takagi : ( this will be an easy win) it's easy for me to win....

Nishikata : if you're so confident, then I'll go first (he points his finger towards her and waits and then after 5 seconds points left)

Takagi : ( oh nishikata so predictable) ( she looks right and after a few seconds look in front again) ok now its my.... ( she was confused, as there was no one in front of her) what.

Nishikata : ( running as fast as he could) so long takagi! ( he shouted while taunting her)

Takagi : ( she gritted her teeth and chased nishikata) hey! That's cheating!

Nishikata : it doesn't mean much coming from an unfair player like yourself (he ran around the corner and disappeared)

Takagi : ( exhausted) that nishikata... ( he managed to outsmart me, ME) ( she felt some frustration from losing to him) oh I know who's responsible... ( she quickly pulled out her phone and called someone)